Monday, January 7, 2013

P90X - ROUND 9 - WEEK 9 - Week of 1/7/2013

MONDAY - JANUARY 7, 2013 - Chest and Back

I think I say this every time this workout comes up in the schedule, but I've been dreading it for days. A confession on today's workout: There were a few times I stopped short when I might have been able to do a few more reps on a pushup move or a pullup move. After all was done, I only did five less pushups (229) than I did last time, but I also did do 5 more pullups (24) than I did last time. I also only used 40 lb weights on the back exercises instead of the 45's I used the last two times, but I also did more reps on those exercises. So it wasn't a total failure, but just one of those days where I didn't push myself. I'm not going to beat myself up over it.

Calories Burned: 509; Avg Heart Rate: 122; Max Heart Rate: 160.


TUESDAY - JANUARY 8, 2013 - Plyometrics

I felt pretty going in, simply because it wasn't Chest and Back. I thought it was a good workout. Not a big calorie burn, but I worked up a good sweat, and had my hands on my knees between a lot of the moves.

Calories Burned: 570; Avg Heart Rate: 125; Max Heart Rate: 157.


WEDNESDAY - JANUARY 9, 2013 - Shoulders and Arms

Another good workout. I didn't increase the weights in too many areas, but I did increase the reps on a number of them. I'm still tring to figure out where to increase the weights without hurting myself. There are still a few moves where I think an increase wouldn't be good. For some reason, I'm not getting a big calorie burn this week, but I'm feeling good.

Calories Burned: 561; Avg Heart Rate: 120; Max Heart Rate: 153.


THURSDAY - JANUARY 10, 2013 - Yoga X

Nothing too special about today's workout. The entire workout seemed to go faster than usual. My legs were real tired by the time I got to the Half-Moon move and I could barely get into the first one, but I concentrated more and did okay on the other side. I'm finding I'm really balancing well on my right leg lately, but my left leg balances aren't really coming around. I thought I found a balance point on my left foot on my last Yoga X session, but I couldn't get it back tonight. Another low calorie burn, but maybe that's a good thing, as my heart rate is lower.

Calories Burned: 588; Avg Heart Rate: 101; Max Heart Rate: 133.


FRIDAY - JANUARY 11, 2013 - Legs and Back

For some reason I was out of breath by the second exercise. Maybe not enough to eat today. Not a good sign, but I got through it. I did 69 pullups, which was 2 more than last time. That's a good sign.

Calories Burned: 522; Avg Heart Rate: 116; Max Heart Rate: 155.


SATURDAY - JANUARY 12, 2013 - Kenpo X

I was feeling good going in, but was on auto-pilot through much of the workout. Still a good workout, and feeling good afterwards.

Calories Burned: 440; Max Heart Rate: 109; Max Heart Rate: 142.


SUNDAY - JANUARY 13, 2013 - Ab Ripper X and Weigh-In

Ab Ripper X
I felt good throughout. I stopped at 50 Mason Twists, just because.

Time: 19:17; Calories Burned: 134; Avg Heart Rate: 105; Max Heart Rate: 141

Weigh-In
Weight: 177.8; Body Fat: 22.8%

An increase of 1.1 lbs and .3% body fat. A big disappointment. A few slip-ups eating-wise this weeek, but overall I concentrated on eating better. All I can do is keep concentrating on that, and it'll be OK. I know I certainly feel better.



No comments: