Monday, January 28, 2013

P90X - ROUND 9 - WEEK 12 - Week of 1/28/2012

MONDAY - JANUARY 28, 2013 - Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps

I did OK. I increased the reps or weight on a number of the moves. I did three one-arm pushups on each side off my feet. I didn't go real deep, but got the arm bent past half way. On the negative side, I only did 30 Chair Dips (I usually do 32-35), and I only got through 18 of the Two-Twitch Speed Pushups (I can usually get in all 25).

Calories Burned: 545; Avg Heart Rate: 122; Max Heart Rate: 160.


TUESDAY - JANUARY 29, 2012 - Plyometrics

Probably my last Plyo workout for a while. I made it a good one. I wasn't real energetic going in, but I went at it and got it done.

Calories Burned: 672; Avg Heart Rate: 132; Max Heart Rate: 164.


WEDNESDAY - JANUARY 30, 2013 - Back and Biceps

The last time I did this workout (two weeks ago) I bumped up my weights during the last half, and I felt great for days afterwards. I tried bumping them up even more on a few of the moves today. It worked to an extent. Again, my rep count went down a bit, but on a few of the moves my form was starting to suffer on the last few reps. I started the strip set with 40s. My 6th rep was bad, my 7th rep was horrible, and I ended up putting the weights down before finishing up my eighth rep. However, I regrouped, and finished up OK. Overall, I felt stronger throughout the workout. 35s were starting to feel easy on most of the moves. I did OK on the pullups, but my arms were starting to feel like jello on the last few sets, and I had a hard time keeping my grip on the bar because my hands were sweating so much, even with gloves on.

Calories Burned: 539; Avg Heart Rate: 126; Max Heart Rate: 161.


THURDSAY - JANUARY 31, 2013 - Yoga X

One thing I wanted to concentrate on was not trying to be perfect, something I realized that week. I also concentrated on my breathing, especially during the vinyasas half of the workout. While I've yet the have the "ride" Tony talks about at the beginning, it was a more enjoyable and relaxing workout. My balance seemed better, and I wasn't constantly looking at the time remaining in the workout.

Calories Burned: 605; Avg Heart Rate: 102; Max Heart Rate: 133.


FRIDAY - FEBRUARY 1, 2013 - Legs and Back

This was my last real "resistance" workout of the round, although Core Synergistics has some resistance. The legs exercises went as usual, but I was able to increase my pullups to 84. four more than last time. I feel I can do more in some cases, but my hands get sweaty, and I'm losing my grip. Once I'm down, I stop counting.

Calories Burned: 558; Avg Heart Rate: 120; Max heart Rate: 162.


SATURDAY - FEBRUARY 2, 2013 - Kenpo X

I felt sluggish with low energy going in. I was conscience of it, and tried to pick things up, but couldn't get the energy up to where I wanted it. One of those days. I did my best.

Calories Burned: 474; Avg Heart Rate: 112; Max Heart Rate: 142.


SUNDAY - FENRUARY 3, 2013 - Ab Ripper X and Weigh-In

Ab Ripper X
My last Ab Ripper X this round. I didn'y want to make the same mistake I made last week by stopping the Mason Twists early, so I finished with 75 today.

Calories Burned: 141; Avg Heart Rate: 103; Max Heart Rate: 148

Weigh In
Weight: 178.0; Body Fat: 22.9%
An increase of 2.9 lbs and .9% body fat. I didn't eat perfect this week, but I'm not sure where that came from. I drank a few more Diet Root Beer's this week, but I'm not sure it was all due to that. I do feel stronger, and think I look better if that's any consolation. I am a bit upset at myself for not having the same discipline with my nutrition / eating that I do with my workouts.

No comments: