Monday, January 21, 2013

P90X - ROUND 9 - WEEK 11 - Week of 1/21/2013

MONDAY - JANUARY 21, 2013 - Chest and Back

Last time I have to do this beast for this Round. I did very well. 233 pushups and 32 pullups. The pushups are close to what I did the last 3 times, but I did 8 more pullups than 2 weeks ago, and it's twice as many as week 1. Overall, they're not outstanding numbers, but upper body strength is still my weakness, so I'm happy with the increase, and that's what counts. However, I also understand there is still room for a lot of improvement. I was totally exhausted during the cool down, but as I type this a few hours later, I feel like a million bucks.

Calories Burned: 531; Avg Heart Rate: 124; Max Heart Rate: 157.


TUESDAY - JANUARY 22, 2013 - Plyometrics

Not great, but not bad today. I felt energized most of the day, got home, felt a little tired, took a nao, and felt like sludge when I woke up. But I pushed play, and did it. I did notice my heart rate in the 150s in much of the 4th and 5th sets, so I was working.

Calories Burned: 613; Avg Heart Rate: 127; Max Heart Rate: 165.


WEDNESDAY - JANUARY 23, 2013 - Shoulders and Arms

Last week I increased my weights during the second half of Back and Biceps. I felt stronger all week. I've been in a bit of a rut with Shoulders and Arms, pretty much using the same weights for the last few rounds. I also was afraid I'd hurt myself if I increased the weights. Based on the Back and Biceps experience, I decided to increase my weights today. I increased them by 5 lbs on each of the weighted exercises (except Tricep Kickbacks, only because I didn't have time to adjust my Power Blocks before that move). My reps decreased a bit, and I turned myself from a 12 to 15 rep guy into an 8 to 10 rep person, but I survived, and felt great. I know I'm going to be sore for the next few days, but I also know I'm going to feel a lot stronger and empowered for the next week. A great workout for me today.

Calories Burned: 634; Avg Heart Rate: 127; Max Heart Rate: 161.


THURSDAY - JANUARY 24, 2013 - Yoga X

I tried to concentrate and make this a good workout, but I just got frustrated around the Warrior 3's because I couldn't hold my balance. My right leg got exhausted during the Half-Moons and I had to come out twice. I need to remember something Tony says during X2 Yoga, and that is you don't have to be perfect. I think keeping that in mind will make things more enjoyable.

Calories Burned: 685; Avg Heart Rate: 107; Max Heart Rate: 135.


FRIDAY - JANUARY 25, 2013 - Legs and Back

I used 20 lb weights on most of the weighted leg exercises, with the exception of using 30's on the Calf Raises. No problems wharsoever. Again, I felt strong on the pullups, and did 80, which is 5 more than last week. I'm very pleased. It seems I'm turning things up a notch on the 3rd phase of this round, and it feels really, really good.

Calories Burned: 597; Avg Heart Rate: 127; Max Heart Rate: 164.


SATURDAY - JANUARY 26, 2013 - Kenpo X

Probably my best Kenpo X workout in a long, long time. I felt great going in, lean, strong, and energized. I noticed my heart rate was in the 140's a number of times. The good eating is paying off.

Calories Burned: 585; Avg Heart Rate: 123; Max Heart Rate: 153.


SUNDAY - JANUARY 27, 2013 - Ab Ripper X and Weigh-In

Ab Ripper X
Not my best Ab Ripper. As usual, I did it from memorty while watching TV. I'm not sure I was concentrating on what I was doing as much as I usually do. I quit after doing 50 Mason Twists, just because I didn't want to do any more, then felt a bit guilty, and did 50 more.

Calories Burned: 95; Avg Heart Rate: 106; Max Heart Rate: 142.

Weigh-In
Weight: 175.1; Body Fat: 22.0%

No change on the weight and a drop of .1% body fat. Obviously, not big changes numbers wise, but I feel better, trimmer, and stronger, and not bloated. I ate pretty good this week. Very little junk - few small pieces of candy during the week. I did, however, eat two containers of nuts (mostly cashews) during the week, and I know those are high in calories. The fact that I ate better and feel better overrides the numbers on the scale.

No comments: