Monday, May 13, 2013

HYBRID - WEEK 5 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Week of 5/13/2013

My entire Hybrid schedule is on my April 6, 2013 entry.


MONDAY - MAY 13, 2013 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - 30-15 Upper Body Massacre

I guess this is the start of my next five years of workouts. Coincidentally, this is similar to the first workout I did five years ago, P90X Chest and Back, except this one is all pushups and pullups. The first and only time I did this One on One was two months ago. At that time I chose to do 20 pushups and 5 pullups on each set. Today my goal numbers were 22 pushups and 7 pullups. I succeeded. There were a few times I put my knees on the floor for a second or so on the pushups (during Diamonds and also Standard to Chaturanga). I also came off the pullup bar a few times for small breaks. Overall, however, I was pleased. I was getting ahead of Tony a bit on the sets and did finish about 6 or 7 minutes before he did, but that just gave me more time for the cool down. I hadn't done concentrated pushups and pullups in almost a month so I was surprised I had the strength, but for the most part it was there. Total pushups: 264. Total pullups: 90. Both highs for me during one workout.

Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 539; Avg Heart Rate: 118; Max Heart Rate: 154.


TUESDAY - MAY 14, 2013 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Cardio 5-6 Plus (Super Cardio)

I've done this workout many times before, and as I think I've said many times before, it's not my favorite, but it does get my heart rate up. No exception today.

Time: 46 minutes; Calories Burned: 417; Avg Heart Rate: 117; Max Heart Rate: 204.


WEDNESDAY - MAY 15, 2013 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Just Arms

I'm still getting used to this workout, not always knowing what weights to use on each exercise. I've been using 15's on most of the forearm exercises, but I might try 10's next time, just to see if I can get a bit more range of motion. On the last set of Crazy 8's I played it smart and only used 20's instead of the 25's I used in the earlier set. I think it was a good decision. Even Tony tried using 25's and dropped to 20's mid-set. All in all, this is a good workout. Good pace. I'm still extremely sore from Monday's 30-15 workout. My upper arms are burning, but I'm feeling it most in my core. I was even joking to one of my co-workers that I had to get "momentum" to roll over in bed last night.

Time: 46 minutes; Calories Burned: 370; Avg Heart Rate: 111; Max Heart Rate: 154.


THURSDAY - MAY 16, 2013 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Patience Hummingbird

36 minutes of yoga. Perfect workout for today. Very, very relaxing!!!

Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 191; Avg Heart Rate: 94; Max Heart Rate: 125.


FRIDAY - MAY 17, 2013 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Plyo Legs

Tough workout, but it's paced well, and I actually enjoyed it. I matched Tony's reps for all but one or two of the exercises and my legs are shaking. I remember my legs and butt were real sore for a few days after I did this one for the first time a few months ago. We'll find out tomorrow and the next day.

Time: 63 minutes; Calories Burned: 558; Avg Heart Rate: 116; Max Heart Rate: 159.


SATURDAY - MAY 18, 2013 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Cardio Confusion: Mason's Choice

Absolutely my favorite workout. Tony and Mason are in such a good mood, you can't help but feel good while doing it. Yesterday I played golf, then did Plyo Legs. Today I spent almost two hours cutting the lawn. My legs are fried. My butt and inner things are killing me from yesterday's workout. So today's workout was a bit more difficult than usual. There were a couple moves (Loading Dock and Side Lunge Reaches) where my legs were really screamimg. I pushed through, did my best, and got it done.

Time: 44 minutes; Calories Burned: 370; Avg Heart Rate: 113; Max Heart Rate: 157.


SUNDAY - MAY 20, 2013 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Iso Abs and Weigh-In

ISO ABS
At 38 minutes, this is more than twice the time of most ab workouts I have, but it goes very quickly. I liked it a lot. I did all the reps. Had a problem getting up into Banana Boat a few times, but other than that, it went well. I can feel the tightness in my abs.

Time: 38 minutes; Calories Burned: 238; Avg Heart Rate: 100; Max Heart Rate: 121.

WEIGH-IN
Old Scale - Weight: 175.8; Body Fat: 22.3%. A drop of 2 lbs and .4% body fat.
New Scale - Weight: 188.4; Body Fat: 19.8%. A gain of .4 lbs and .1% body fat.
Something's not right. I ate pretty good this week, so I was shocked at the new scale results. I think I'm going to stop by my doctor's office and have them weigh me there. Then maybe I can determine which scale I should be using.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I absolutely loved the workouts this week, maybe because most of them were relatively new to me. 30/15 and Plyo Legs had me sore for days, and Tony seems to be having such a good time in these videos, it makes it more fun. The good eating also put me in a good frame of mind. I'm going to miss the One on One's. If I get enough $$$, I might even consider buying all of them, and maybe doing a 90 day round of just the One on One's.

No comments: