Monday, May 6, 2013

HYBRID - WEEK 4 - INSANITY (Month 1) - Week of 5/6/2013

My entire Hybrid schedule is on my April 6, 2013 entry.


MONDAY - MAY 6, 2013 - INSANITY - Fit Test

Today was supposed to be Sanity Check, but I lent the disc out to someone a few weeks ago, and they misplaced it. I did the Insanity Fit Test instead. It's comparable in toughness to Sanity Check. My numbers weren't as great as they were when I last did it in July 2012. However, it still tired me out a bit, and I worked up a good sweat. It's a good intro to a week of Insanity.

Time: 26 minutes; Calories Burned: 219; Avg Heart Rate: 113; Max Heart Rate: 148.


TUESDAY - MAY 7, 2013 - INSANITY - Plyometric Cardio Circuit

My first real Insanity workout in over 10 months. Except for the Level 1 Drills, I pretty much kept up. I was drenched in sweat when I was done, but I felt good. And my friend found my Sanity Check disc. A day late, but that's OK. I'll let her borrow it a while longer.

Time: 41 minutes; Calories Burned: 447; Avg Heart Rate: 128; Max Heart Rate: 156.


WEDNESDAY - MAY 8, 2013 - INSANITY - Cardio Power and Resistance

Another pretty good effort. There were a few times I had to stop for a few seconds to catch my breath, and others where I was moving a bit slower than some on the video, but for the most part, I kept up, and kept moving. Again, I feel good about it. The pushups at the end were killers.

Time: 39 minutes; Calories Burned: 401; Avg Heart Rate: 124; Max Heart Rate: 161.


THURSDAY - MAY 9, 2013 - INSANITY - Cardio Recovery

I hadn't done this workout almost a year and didn't remember too much about it. I was looking forward to a "recovery" day. Instead I felt like I was holding a squat for 33 minutes. Too much of that. I had to come out of several of the moves because my quads were burning. It wasn't a lot of jumping up and down, but it was far from relaxing.

Time: 33 minutes; Calories Burned: 183; Avg Heart Rate: 96; Max Heart Rate: 118.


FRIDAY - MAY 10, 2013 - INSANITY - Pure Cardio

I thought I remembered liking this workout from last year's Insanity round. I've been eating much better the last few days and feeling much better, so I was actually looking forward to the workout today. It went great. There were a few times I had to stop to catch my breath, but for the most part I was OK. I think this is definitely my favorite workout in the Insanity program. It's only 38 minutes long. The standard 10 minute cardio warm-up, 5 minute stretch, and then 15 minutes of non-stop cardio (15 moves at 1 minute each) followed by a cool down. I felt great afterwards.

Time: 38 minutes; Calories Burned: 389; Avg Heart Rate: 124; Max Heart Rate: 159.


SATURDAY, MAY 11, 2013 - INSANITY - Core Cardio and Balance

This workout is scheduled as the "Recovery Week" of the Insanity schedule, so I knew it was a bit less intense than most of the Insanity workouts. Once again, I was looking forward to doing it. It had a few tough moments, but overall it was relaxing. I liked it. A great Saturday workout for when your body is feeling a bit beat up from the rest of the week.

Time: 37 minutes; Calories Burned: 300; Avg Heart: 111; Max Heart Rate: 141.


SUNDAY - MAY 12, 2013 - INSANITY - Cardio Abs and Weigh-In

Today is a special day for me. It's my Fifth Anniversary of doing my 1st P90X workout. May, 12th, 2008. I've come a long way and I'm proud of what I've accomplished.

CARDIO ABS
This is a 16 minute ab workout. I tried concentrating on all the moves to make things more efficient. I'm not real sore, but I can feel a bit of tightness in my abs a few hours after the workout, so I'm thinking it worked. I liked it.

Time: 16 minutes; Calories Burned: 114; Avg Heart Rate: 103; Max Heart Rate: 131.

WEIGH-IN
Weight: 177.6; Body Fat: 22.7%
A drop of 1.6 lbs and .3% body fat. I ate really good the last half of the week. I feel better, and am encouraged by the results. On the new scale, 1 dropped 1 lb and had no change in body fat.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

As I mentioned at the end of last week in looking ahead to this week, Insanity was never my favorite workout program. However, I really enjoyed myself this week. One reason is that the workouts were a lot shorter than usual. The other is that I got through everything with very little problems. I was able to keep up with the videos and I felt great after each workout. I'm not sure I'm ready to do another 60 days of it, but in a small dose it was great.

Next week is Tony Horton's One on One series. I've set it up so the workouts will be similar to a P90X week.


No comments: