Monday, May 20, 2013

HYBRID - WEEK 6 - P90X2 (Phase 2) - Week of 5/20/2013

My entire Hybrid schedule is on my April 6, 2013 entry.


MONDAY - MAY 20, 2013 - P90X2 - Chest + Back + Balance

I was in a really bad frame of mind when I got home today, and the last thing I wanted to do was a tough 60 minute workout, especially one with pushups on med balls, and pullups. The redundant warmup, which I don't like, didn't help things. Once I got into the actual workout I felt a bit better, but not much. It's really hard to push yourself when you don't want to. My pullups were really poor. I had no strength and was barely getting my chin above the bar on most reps. The pushups weren't as bad, and I found myself equaling or bettering my numbers from the last time I did this workout over a year ago. I can't do towel puliups for some reason, and still wasn't able to do even one Impossible / Possible pushup, even though I fought like hell to get one in. This was just one of those days. Since I started the lifestyle of working out and eating better just over five years ago, I'm finding I have very few days like this, and that's a good thing. If that realization is all I got from today, then I'll take that as a positive, and be happy with that thought.

Time: 59 minutes; Calories Burned: 513; Avg Heart Rate: 115; Max Heart Rate: 152.


TUESDAY - MAY 21, 2013 - P90X2 - Plyocide

I was feeling a bit better today. I've never really had too many problems with this workout, so I wasn't dreading it. As I was doing it I realized why. During a lot of the routine I'm not doing a lot. There are a few balance exercises that were practically useless to me because on most days I have no balance, so I'm not getting the full value out of the reps. I also had to rest a bit during the One-Legged Slalom move because I was so tired from the previous exercise, the Frog Burpees. Then you get into those crazy stretches at the end, which I just don't seem to "get" (I've said that before). However, when all was said and done, I did work up a good sweat and kept up with most of the other moves, so I'm feeling good about that.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 499; Avg Heart Rate: 117; Max Heart Rate: 151.


WEDNESDAY - MAY 22, 2013 - P90X2 - X2 Shoulders and Arms

Not much to say. This isn't really the toughest routine in the program, but it's still effective. The heaviest weight I used today was 25 lbs, and that's because when you're lifting you're balancing on one leg and in general using less weight. I did the best I could with the balancing, and kept up with the rep counts they were doing on the video.

Time: 52 minutes; Calories Burned: 445; Avg Heart Rate: 115; Max Heart Rate: 153.


THURSDAY - MAY 23, 2013 - P90X2 - X2 Yoga

Not as humid today as it's been the rest of the week, so it was a bit easier to get motivated for the workout. I had a bit more energy too. The workout went well. It was more relaxing than usual. The eating's been bad this week, and I've been feeling it. First of all, it makes my body feel like crap, and secondly, it puts my mind in a bad place because I feel guilty about it. I don't get guilt trips if I eat poorly once in a while. It's when I'm eating bad just to eat bad that it bothers me, and that's been happening all week.

Time: 67 minutes; Calories burned: 370; Avg Heart Rate: 96; Max Heart Rate: 127.


FRIDAY - MAY 24, 2013 - P90X2 - Base and Back

I recently saw an interview with Tony who said Base and Back was probably the toughest P90X/P90X2 workout for him. I have the One on One version of this routine, where he is testing it out for the P90X2 series. In that video he is gasping for air, taking tons of breaks, and basically says it's the hardest workout he's done in years. I've never had a problem getting through it, but at the very end of the main exercise portion I always think I'm more exhausted than any other workout. I think finishing with the Jack In the Box Knee Tucks has something to do with that. In general, I kept up with the plyo moves, but I was weak once again on the pullups. The strength just isn't there if I'm not doing them several times a week. I think that's one reason this isn't as tough for me as it should be. I'm not wearing myself out on the pullups like Tony is. I used to stop on the pullups once I came down and my feet hit the floor. Lately, I've been trying to get back up and get a few more reps in, but I find I can't do more than one at a time after I get back up. We all have our weaknesses we need to work on, and pullups are mine.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 452; Avg Heart Rate: 112; Max Heart Rate: 208.


SATURDAY - MAY 25, 2013 - P90X2 - Recovery and Mobility

Very relaxing. Perfect for a Saturday.

Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 161; Avg Heart Rate: 80; Max Heart Rate: 102.


SUNDAY - MAY 26, 2013 - P90X2 - X2 Ab Ripper and Weigh-In

X2 Ab Ripper
I like X2 Ab Ripper. It's roughly the same length as P90X Ab Ripper, but it seems to just fly by. I can feel the tightness in my abs too.

Time: 16 minutes; Calories Burned: 89; Avg Heart Rate: 95; Max Heart Rate: 117.

Weigh In
Weight: 177.8; Body Fat: 22.8%
A gain of 2.2 lbs and .5% body fay. An ugly week. I ate bad and felt bad.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Not a good week. Ate bad. Felt bad. The first half of the week I just didn't feel like working out. Maybe I'm finally learning I can't eat bad and still expect to feel good and get good results. I'm looking forward to a bounce-back week.

No comments: