Monday, August 12, 2013

LES MILLS PUMP / COMBAT HYBRID - WEEK 4 - Week of 8/12/2013

MONDAY - AUGUST 12, 2013 - LES MILLS PUMP - Pump Challenge

An OK workout. I used 10s on the first exercise because I thought it was a warmup for some reason. I used 25s for everything else but the shoulder exercises, where I used 10s. Not much else to say. I chose this workout program because I needed something a little less intense for a few months than the P90X, Insanity, and Asylum workouts I've been doing for the last 5 years. However, only burning only 179 calories is ridiculous. I feel like I'd better turn things around in a hurry. Next week is a recovery week, then I start the 55 minute Pump workouts. I'm hoping that makes a difference.

Time: 26 minutes: Calories Burned: 179; Avg Heart Rate: 103; Max Heart Rate: 193.


TUESDAY - AUGUST 13, 2013 - LES MILLS PUMP - Combat

Today went much better than when I did this workout on Saturday. I'm beginning to get the moves down a bit better and am able to put more into it. I'm still nowhere near where I can go full blast, but it's getting there. The problem is that I've only got this workout scheduled one more time in the 90 days, and that's this Saturday.

Time: 46 minutes; Calories Burned: 329; Avg Heart Rate: 105; Max Heart Rate: 130.


WEDNESDAY - AUGUST 14, 2013 - LES MILLS PUMP - Pump and Burn

Since this is the last resistance week of my first phase, I decided to bump the weights from 25 lbs to 30 lbs on each side for the Squat section the Chest section, and Legs and Back section. I felt it a bit, but it was do-able. I have a feeling I might be a bit sore tomorrow and Friday. The only move I was really concerned with was the Clean and Press, but it went OK. I used 10s again on the warmup. They use light weights during the warmup and I've begun to believe that's a good idea. I used a 25 lb weight again on the ab section. It's a lot heavier that what they are using, but I'm handling it. It does tire my arms a bit because I'm holding it up for so long, but I'm thinking that's a good thing. I'm feeling a bit better about the program today. We'll see what happens as time goes.

Time: 35 minutes; Calories Burned: 253; Avg Heart Rate: 108; Max Heart Rate: 222.


THURDSAY - AUGUST 15, 2013 - LES MILLS PUMP - Flow

I'm taking a vacation day from work tomorrow to play golf , so this is like the beginning of my weekend. I'm stressed and mentally exhausted, and this day off is really needed. Before I started my workout I watched a few minutes of a live chat with Tony Horton. I came in the middle of it, but from what I was hearing was that he's backing off a bit from the strict regimen he's been on to chill out a bit, eat better, and try not to be perfect about everything. I needed to hear that because that's how I've been lately. I need to chill and relax and not try to be perfect too. Today's workout, a 20 minute yoga routine, was perfect for the way I was feeling. I just let things "flow" during the workout, and I must say I really enjoyed it. I didn't get frustrated if I didn't do a move perfectly. I just did the best I could, and I feel a lot better. I did notice I was a lot more flexible than I had been the last few times I did this workout. I just need to keep this feeling and attitude moving forward.

Time: 20 minutes; Calories Burned: 89; Avg Heart Rate: 90; Max Heart Rate: 106.


FRIDAY - AUGUST 16, 2013 - LES MILLS PUMP - Pump and Shred

A good workout today. I used 30s on each side again today. After trying the 30s out during the 30 minute workout on Wednesday, I was a bit concerned about how I'd hold up over 45 minutes, but it went OK. As usual, I had to take small breaks during the chest section and the lunge section, but I also had to do that with the lighter weights. Feeling good. I'm also concentrating on eating better.

Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 459; Avg Heart Rate: 122; Max Heart Rate: 217.


SATURDAY - AUGUST 17, 2013 - LES MILLS PUMP - Combat

I was feeling a bit lethargic today, so I wasn't really in the mood to do this, but I got it in. The moves were coming a lot easier and the workout went well.

Time: 46 minutes; Calories Burned: 344; Avg Heart Rate: 107; Max Heart Rate: 133.


SUNDAY - AUGUST 18, 2013 - 1) LES MILLS PUMP - Les Mills Core, and; 2) WEIGH-IN

LES MILLS CORE
Not much to say on this one. Only 12 minutes. I have a hard time seeing the TV while my neck is flat on the floor, but I got most of it in OK. I have to say I like the Les Mills ab and core workouts. They're quick, simple, to the point, and I can feel the results.

Time: 12 minutes; Calories Burned: 53; Avg Heart Rate: 88; Max Heart Rate: 106.

WEIGH IN
Weight: 189.6; Body Fat: 20.0%
A drop of 3.6 lbs and .8% body fat. I had a few slip ups, but for the most part I ate good this week.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

This was definitely my best week of the program. On most of the exercises I upped my weight from 25 lbs on each side of the bar to 30 lbs on each side. It doesn't sound like a big increase, and I handled it OK, but I can feel the difference in my muscles. I've definitely been sore the last few days. I'm also pleased with the weight loss. I didn't think it was ever going to happen, but it gives me a light at the end of the tunnel.

Next week is a "Recovery Week" from the weights. I'll be trying out the Les Mills Combat workouts for the week.

No comments: