Monday, October 21, 2013

FOCUS T25 - WEEK 1 - Week of 10/21/2013

MONDAY - OCTOBER 21, 2013 - Alpha Cardio

I've had this program for a few months but wanted to finish the Pump / Combat Hybrid first. I was anxious to get into this and see how hard it was. It was a bit tougher than I'd expected. I had to miss a few reps here and there because of fatigue, but the main damage was done to my ankles and calf muscles. I know they're going to be sore tomorrow. I got a good calorie burn for the time involved.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 297; Avg Heart Rate: 134; Max Heart Rate: 154.


TUESDAY - OCTOBER 22, 2013 - Speed 1.0

This was nowhere near as tough as yesterday's workout. During the first half there were stretch moves intertwined with the cardio moves. The last seven minutes or so was all cardio. There was a lot of footwork moves that I'm not used to, so I had to slow down in spots to coordinate myself, usually unsuccessfully. I still worked up a sweat though.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 239; Avg Heart Rate: 119; Max Heart Rate: 146.


WEDNESDAY - OCTOBER 23, 2013 - Total Body Circuit

I'd heard this was the toughest of the Alpha workouts, so I was a bit apprehensive going into it. It was tough. Tougher than I'd expected. There were a lot of moves where I didn't get all the reps in, either because of lack of coordination, or lack of strength (pushups). Something to get better on.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 262; Avg Heart Rate: 126; Max Heart Rate: 156.


THURSDAY - OCTOBER 24, 2013 - Stretch

I liked Shaun T's stretch and relief workouts from the Asylum series, so I was looking forward to this one. It wasn't as relaxing as the Asylum ones, but it wasn't too bad.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 79; Avg Heart Rate: 84; Max Heart Rate: 100.


FRIDAY - OCTOBER 25, 2013 - Ab Intervals

A nice ab workout. I actually liked it, but missed some reps here and there. I need to start watching my eating again. It's getting bad this week. I'm finding myself getting stressed and burned out on a few things, so that's not helping the situation. I also need to get more sleep. I've been up until 1 am the last three nights, and then up at 6:30 am. It's all going to catch up with me. I'm going to just try and relax and unwind this weekend and get myself together. Losing your "why" for doing these workouts makes things really tough and somewhat depressing.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 166; Avg Heart Rate: 109; Max Heart Rate: 143.


SATURDAY - OCTOBER 26, 2013 - Lower Focus

This one reminded me a bit of the legs section of P90X Legs and Back. I did OK. One thing I found out is that it's very, very difficult for me to bounce up and down solely on my left leg. In fact I couldn't do it at all today. I'll try again next week. I'm still uncoordinated on the spinning lunge moves, so those were ugly Lunges are tough for me in general because of my bad ankles, but I'll keep working at it.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 240; Avg Heart Rate: 121; Max Heart Rate: 143.


SUNDAY - OCTOBER 27, 2013 - Rest

Sundays are rest days for me during T-25.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 194.4 (+ 2.8 lbs)
Body Fat: 21.2% (+ 0.6%)

Both are horrible numbers, but I ate horribly this week. Stress. (Donuts, Whopper, etc.)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

This was my first time doing any of these workouts. Some were tougher than I'd expected (Alpha Cardio and Total Body Circuit), but I got through them. I'll get better at them as time passes. As was the case in the early days of Les Mills Pump, I'm worried about the low calorie burns because the routines are so short. I know the idea is to go harder. We'll see.

No comments: