Monday, October 7, 2013

LES MILLS PUMP / COMBAT HYBRID - WEEK 12 - Week of 10/07/2013

MONDAY - OCTOBER 7, 2013 - LES MILLS PUMP - Pump and Shred

This is the last week of the Les Mills Pump "Barbell" workouts and I'm starting to feel my arms have had enough. The other day I noticed I could barely do any pushups near the end of one of the workouts, and I experienced the same thing today. My body, especially my arms, is due for a rest. I got through today's workout OK, but the Clean and Presses seem to be getting harder with the same weight I'd been using for the last six weeks or so,

Time: 47 minutes; Calories Burned: 497; Avg Heart Rate: 125; Max Heart Rate: 204.


TUESDAY - OCTOBER 8, 2013 - LES MILLS COMBAT - Combat 45: Power Kata

I had a bit of a fever when I got home from work. I took a nap and seriously felt like not doing the workout. Because I'm so close to the end of this Hybrid I wasn't sure when I'd be able to make it up, so I did it. I wasn't able to go full blast but I got through it, and I got a decent calorie burn somehow. I hope I don't feel like this tomorrow. I can't see myself getting through Pump Revolution feeling like this.

Time: 43 minutes; Calories Burned; 453; Avg Hear Rate: 126; Max Heart Rate: 144.


WEDNESDAY - OCTOBER 9, 2013 - LES MILLS PUMP - Pump Revolution

I actually felt pretty good going into the workout today. I only had a banana for lunch today at work, which I know isn't enough normally, but at least it wasn't a Sub or something else filling. I find those things make me feel sluggish. I used the same weights I'd been using lately, but in the Squat section (the first track after the warm-up) the weights seemed exceptionally heavier than normal. I thought I might have had 35's on each side instead of the normal 30's, but it turned out I didn't. I don't know why they felt so heavy. Everything else went well, except the same story with the Shoulder section, where I had to keep missing reps because my shoulders were toast.

Time: 57 minutes: Calories Burned: 552; Avg Heart Rate: 121; Max Heart Rate: 209.


THURSDAY - OCTOBER 10, 2013 - LES MILLS PUMP - Flow

This is the last time I'll be doing this workout during this Hybrid. I'll miss it. It comes at a time during the week when I can use a little relaxation and the idea that it's only 20 minutes is always a bonus. Today's workout was all of the above.

Time: 21 minutes: Calories Burned: 85; Avg Heart Rate: 88; Max Heart Rate: 104.


FRIDAY - OCTOBER 11, 2013 - LES MILLS PUMP - Pump Extreme

This was my last "barbell" workout of the hybrid. I've been using pretty much the same weights on most exercises for the last seven weeks or so. Today I decided to challenge myself a bit. On the Squat, Chest, Back, and Lunge sections I increased my weight from 30 lbs on each side to 35 lbs on each side. It didn't really affect me too much on the Squat and Lunge sections, except when I was bringing the bar back over my head at the end of the lunge section. It was getting late in the workout and my arms were exhausted, so I sort of dropped it down real quickly in front of me and almost fell over it as my momentum carried me forward . On the Chest section I was OK, but might have done a few less reps that usual. Where I really noticed it was doing the Clean and Press moves during the Back section. It took me a while longer than usual to get the bar over my head. There were 4 sections of Clean and Presses during the 5 minute track. On the 4th track I finished a full rep behind them (they were using 20s on each side) because I was doing them so slow, but I did get them all in at the expense of maybe a few reps on the rows. I used 15 lbs on the Bicep section. I've used 15s there before, but usually had been using 10s. I was tired and had to miss a few reps here and there, but I did finish it out. Overall, I was happy with the workout, and I felt great afterwards.

Time: 61 minutes; Calories Burned: 538; Avg Heart Rate: 128; Max Heart Rate: 225.


SATURDAY - OCTOBER 12, 2013 - LES MILLS COMBAT - Combat 60 Live: Ultimate Warrior's Workout

Not too good today. I'm still finding myself getting frustrated trying to follow some of the moves, so I kind of just stood around watching them for a few seconds instead of doing them. I was really guilty of this during the Capoiera section. That section has moves that don't seem like cardio burners to me. They're more like choreographed dance moves, and I'm just not into them. In general, I found myself just moving my arms and not my whole body during the workout, decreasing it's efficiency. The calorie burn for the time involved was terrible.

Time: 53 minutes; Calories Burned: 381; Avg Heart Rate: 105; Max Heart Rate: 149.


SUNDAY - OCTOBER 13, 2013 - LES MILLS PUMP - Les Mills Core

This was my last Les Mills Pump workout in the Hybrid. I'll miss those guys. Even though it was a short workout, I did pretty good on it. Among other things, one thing I was really impressed with on the Pump workouts were their great ab routines. They were short, simple, to the point, and very effective. I can feel today's workout as I type this about 15 minutes after it ended.

Time: 13 minutes; Calories Burned: 71; Avg Heart Rate: 95; Max Heart Rate: 113.


SUNDAY WEIGH-IN

Weight: 191.0 (-1.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 20.5% (-0.3%)

Both are moves in the right direction. I didn't eat perfect this week, but I was conscious of things.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

This was my last week of the main Pump and Combat workouts. I only have one week left of the Hybrid and that consists of the supplemental Combat workouts. Some of them are tough. I'm happy with the weight loss. I'm happy that I feel my muscles are toning because of the weights from Pump.


No comments: