Monday, December 16, 2013

FOCUS T25 - WEEK 9 - Week of 12/16/2013

MONDAY - DECEMBER 16, 2013 - The Pyramid

My second time through this one and I think I did much better. I did all the reps except I missed a few progressions (2 on each) on both the Pike Ups and pushups. I used 15 lbs on all the weighted moves. On a separate note, when I got home from work, my P90X3 was on my doorstep. Felt like an early Christmas present. I'm going to dig into it now.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 283; Avg Heart Rate: 129; Max Heart Rate: 190.


TUESDAY - DECEMBER 17, 2013 - Speed 3.0

This might be the toughest workout for me in all of T25. It humbled me the first time out (last week) when I only got about 50% of the moves in. Today, I think I got 75-80% in. That doesn't sound great, but it's a big increase. The burpee moves are just killers, and there are a lot of them here. Not only are they themselves very tiring, but you're just exhausted going into the next move. In the second set, the burpees are every other move, so it all adds up. This is the most calories I've burned on T25, and I can't remember ever having an average heart rate of 144 on any workout I've ever done. I'll check my old P90X, Insanity, and Asylum numbers to see.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 354; Avg Heart Rate: 144; Max Heart Rate: 161.


WEDNESDAY - DECEMBER 18, 2013 - Extreme Circuit

I'm finding this to be one of my favorite T25 workouts. I used 15 lb weights again, and did rather well. I might be able to go to 20's at some point, but I'm tiring quickly on a few of the moves as it is. Also, regarding yesterday's Average Heart Rate of 144: I went through my workout logs and that seemed to be the highest I've ever had. I'd hit 140 once during one of the Insanity workouts last year, but that was as close as I found.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 264; Avg Heart Rate: 123; Max Heart Rate: 147.


THURSDAY - DECEMBER 19, 2013 - Stretch

Stretch felt good today. I tried concentrating a bit on lengthening the muscles instead of just going through the motions, and it helped a bit. My eating this week hasn't been as good as last week, but much better than two weeks ago. I'm still trying to get into good habits with the eating.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 140; Avg Heart Rate: 97; Max Heart Rate: 115.


FRIDAY - DECEMBER 20, 2013 - Core Speed

Good workout, but I'm still uncoordinated on a bit of the moves. I'm still not comfortable going back on the single arm burpees, but I'll keep working at it. I did a few with just my right arm down. The calf muscle that had been bothering me the last few weeks no longer seems to be a problem, but I think I'm still wary I might tweak it again, so I was a bit cautious, but not too much. Poor day eating. I had a few protein bars that someone had brought into the office. There's worse things to eat, but they made me hyper. Probably a good idea to stay away from them.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 301; Avg Heart Rate: 137; Max Heart Rate: 157.


SATURDAY - DECEMBER 21, 2013 - Rip't Up

I did good on this one. I got almost all the reps in, except on a few of the Superman lifts, and some of the Downward Dog to Plank to Pushups. I used 15, 10, and 5 lb weights with no problems. I need to clean up the eating a bit.

Time: 25 minutes; Calories Burned: 260; Avg Heart Rate: 123; Max Heart Rate: 149.


SUNDAY - DECEMBER 22, 2013 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH IN
Weight: 193.6 (-0.8 lbs)
Body Fat: 21.1% (no change)

As I said earlier, I didn't eat real bad, but I wasn't perfect. I'll take the weight drop.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I'm continuing to eat better, and I certainly feel better. I'm encouraged by the results. I'm really liking the Gamma Phase. The cardio from the Alpha and Beta phases was starting to wear a bit thin, and it was beating up my legs. My calf muscle seems better because I'm not constantly pushing it, and that makes me feel better as a whole.

No comments: