Monday, January 13, 2014

P90X3 - WEEK 3 - Week of 01/13/2014

MONDAY - JANUARY 13, 2014 - Total Synergistics

I'm starting to stress eat again and it's not making me feel good at all. I was feeling sluggish going into the workout and kept feeling that way all the way through. I tried upping my weights from 15 to 25 lbs on the Glamor Hammer move, but kept losing my balance and tapping my foot. I might have to reduce it down next time. I'm feeling really frustrated because my balance sucks, as do my pullups. It just never seems to get better. However, tomorrow is another day. I'll commit to eating better and I'm sure I'll feel better about things.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 290; Avg Heart Rate: 120; Max Heart Rate: 200.


TUESDAY - JANUARY 14, 2014 - Agility X

Feeling better mentally today. I got the workout in later than usual, but it went better than the last two weeks. I'm still not good (understatement) on a lot of the moves, especially those that require balance, such as the Joel Jumps. My footwork was a bit better on some of the ones I had to watch after last week's workout to see what they were doing. I'm not good at this workout, but I like it. The time goes fast.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 292; Avg Heart Rate: 120; Max Heart Rate: 156.


WEDNESDAY - JANUARY 15, 2014 - X3 Yoga

I was looking forward to this workout all day long. It didn't disappoint. I was more relaxed than usual and was able to do much more than I usually can. My balance still is horrible, but I did the best I could.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 162; Avg Heart Rate: 95; Max Heart Rate: 115.


THURSDAY - JANUARY 16, 2014 - The Challenge

My numbers today were 25 pushups and 8 pull-ups. For some reason I feel like I'm getting weaker, not stronger. I decided to see what I could do with the Chin-up assist attachment, so I used it on all the pull-ups. It helped a bit, but because I was feeling so weak, it was hard to judge. I still need to get used to it because I think it'll help me build up my upper body strength a bit. I did OK on the push-ups. but I did have to come down to my knees a couple times for a few seconds before finishing up. I usually don't have to do that. I think the Military Push-ups did me in.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 301; Avg Heart Rate: 122; Max Heart Rate: 152.


FRIDAY - JANUARY 17, 2014 - CVX

I used an 8 lb medicine ball again. Burned 394 calories in 30 minutes!! Not much else to say.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 394; Avg Heart Rate: 141; Max Heart Rate: 164.


SATURDAY - JANUARY 18, 2014 - The Warrior

This is a good 30 minute workout. I'm wondering if some of these were 60 minute workouts if I'd even be able to last. Especially this one and CVX. I still go slow on a few of the moves especially the sprawl ones, and I can't get through all the Elevator Push Ups without taking a few second break. From what I see on the schedule, this is the last time I do this one during the 90 days. I think I'm going to try and squeeze it in during the final week where Dynamix is scheduled twice. I might just do it on Day 90. It would be a good way to finish the program.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 295; Avg Heart Rate: 121; Max Heart Rate: 151.


SUNDAY - JANUARY 19, 2014 - X3 Ab Ripper

Still can't hold all the planks, but I'm trying. I'll get there eventually.

Time: 15 minutes; Calories Burned: 122; Avg Heart Rate: 112; Max Heart Rate: 132.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 195.6 (+1.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 21.5 (+0.3%)

I ate like crap much of the week. It's stress eating, but I just can't get it under control. Need to try harder and realize why I'm doing all this.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Again, I'm not happy about the eating (broken record, broken record ...), but the workouts went well, and I'm really liking the program.




No comments: