Monday, January 20, 2014

P90X3 - WEEK 4 - Week of 01/20/2014

MONDAY - JANUARY 20, 2014 - Isometrix

I was looking forward to this one a bit, because it didn't sound like I was going to be beating up my body. That turned out to be true, but when I heard Tony say we were going to be doing Yoga Balance Poses for 30 minutes, I didn't feel so good. My balance is absolutely horrible. However, I did better than I thought I would. There were a few moves at the end I couldn't handle, but otherwise I was pleased. Tony did say at the beginning to believe that you can do it and you'll get better. I'm willing to believe.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 235; Avg Heart Rate: 108; Max Heart Rate: 132.


TUESDAY - JANUARY 21, 2014 - Dynamix

I was expecting this to be X3's version of X Stretch, even though I heard someone else say they had expected the same thing, and it wasn't. It is a good routine. There were a few moves that were tough for me, but overall it went well, and I can definitely see the benefits it can provide, especially for range of motion.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 201; Avg Heart Rate: 104; Max Heart Rate: 127.


WEDNESDAY - JANUARY 22. 2014 - Accelerator

I wasn't sure what I was in for on this one. I'd seen a few seconds of an online video of someone doing it, and it looked tough. It's basically a souped up cardio routine. Fast speed and faster speed. I had to stop and catch my breath for a few seconds a few times, but otherwise I was trying to keep up. I did my best. I've been trying to eat better this week, and I felt fresher. This is a good workout.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 327; Avg Heart Rate: 133; Max Heart Rate: 154.


THURSDAY - JANUARY 23, 2014 - Pilates X

I think this was the one workout I was most looking forward to in P90X3. Tony had mentioned it a number of times as one of the ones he was most proud of, simply because he was not a master of it, yet he still got it done. I have to say I liked it, but I was extremely humbled by my lack of flexibility and range of motion. However, I look upon it as something I can grow with. I remember when I first started P90X and how inflexible I was. I then loosened up a bit through the Yoga X and X Stretch. I've lost some of that flexibility along the way, but hope to get it back, and a lot of the workouts from this week should help. I'm enjoying the week as a whole.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 176; Avg Heart Rate: 97; Max Heart Rate: 117.


FRIDAY - JANUARY 24, 2014 - Decelerator

This workout isn't scheduled to be done until Week 9 (Block 3) of the P90X3 schedule. Looking ahead at the schedule, Block 3 seemed to be just a jumble of workouts with no rhyme or reason and this one just seemed to mess up the schedule. I'm sure it wasn't, and there was a reason for putting it there by Tony and the Beachbody people, but I like symmetry in things so I moved this one to the Transition Weeks in order to make things similar to the original P90X schedule. In the original P90X schedule Core Synergistics (somewhat of a strength workout) is done twice in the Recovery Week, so I figured I could do the same thing with X3. Accelerator was already done this week, so I looked at the Program Guide to see the moves in this one, and it seemed to fit. The workout wasn't bad. A few pushups. A few pull ups, some balance moves. I didn't get in all the reps or keep my balance on everything, but I did my best and forgot the rest.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 327; Avg Heart Rate: 133; Max Heart Rate: 154.


SATURDAY - JANUARY 25, 2014 - X3 Yoga

Not my best Yoga workout. My heart rate was up when I started and I wasn't relaxed. I also wasn't flexible at all, which was surprising because of all the stretching I'd done this week. I'm wondering if the pushups and pullups from yesterday had anything to do with it.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 231; Avg Heart Rate: 107; Max Heart Rate: 132.


SUNDAY - JANUARY 26, 2014 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH IN
Weight: 196.2 (+0.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 21.7% (+0.2%)

I actually feel really good. I bought some ice cream the other day that I probably shouldn't have. It wasn't the reduced-fat kind, so I'm guessing that had something to do with the gain. Otherwise, I thought I did pretty good eating wise. Not perfect by any means, but no splurging on things.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Not happy about the weight gain, but I do feel good. Except for Decelerator on Friday, the workouts this week were definitely different than most weeks. A lot of balancing and flexibility that I still need to work on.

No comments: