Monday, January 27, 2014

P90X3 - WEEK 5 - Week of 01/27/2014

MONDAY - JANUARY 27, 2014 - Eccentric Upper

This was certainly a different workout, in that you concentrated on the "negative" of each move. Fast up, three count down slow. I got all the reps in except for the pull-ups. I used 25 lbs on most of the weight moves, except for 2 moves where I used 15's. I can up the 25's to 30's or 35's in the future. All in all, a good workout.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 346; Avg Heart Rate: 132; Max Heart Rate: 234.


TUESDAY - JANUARY 28, 2014 - Triometrics

First impressions: I hated it. I was expecting something along the line of an amped up Plyometrics with maybe a bit more movement. Instead it was a weak version of Interval X. There were too many balance moves, which are almost a physical impossibility because of my bad feet and ankles. Try as I might, it just doesn't happen. Therefore, I almost had to go through many of the moves at quarter speed and I lost interest real quick. I'll give it a go again next week.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 281; Avg Heart Rate: 117; Max Heart Rate: 151.


WEDNESDAY - JANUARY 29, 2014 - X3 Yoga

A good yoga workout today. I was more relaxed than usual. My flexibility was better than it has been lately, and my balance was also a bit better (but still not good).

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 210; Avg Heart Rate: 105; Max Heart Rate: 195.


THURSDAY - JANUARY 30, 2014 - Eccentric Lower

I want to say this one wasn't too hard for me, but that's not entirely true. A few moves required balance, so I didn't do well on those. A few required lunges, with the back knee touching the floor. Because my ankles don't bend straight, and I can't balance properly on the front leg, I can't bend my back knee to the floor, so I went as low as I could go. A few involved hip flexor mobility. Mine is poor. I got my leg up as high as I could. So while I wasn't perfect, I did as well as I could physically at this point. These are things to work on. For the record, I used 25 lb weights on the first few moves (squats), then switched to 15's for the rest, which required less weight.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 251; Avg Heart Rate: 113; Max Heart Rate: 135.


FRIDAY - JANUARY 31, 2014 - Incinerator

I was a bit wary of this one going in because I knew it was an all upper body workout, and that is my nemesis at times. It wasn't as bad as I thought. Not too many push-ups and pull-ups. I used 25 lbs on most of the weight moves, 15 lbs on the lighter ones. I think I can do more than 25s in the future. Afterwards, my shoulders are a bit sore.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 280; Avg Heart Rate: 119; Max Heart Rate: 210.


SATURDAY - FEBRUARY 1, 2014 - MMX

I was expecting this to be an amped up version of Kenpo X, and I was pretty much on target. I was a bit surprised in that some of the moves were as simple as Kenpo X moves, but I quickly came to realize it had to be that way. There were a lot of combination moves moves that involved "sprawls", otherwise known as "burpess". Those wear you out in a hurry, and if I'd had to do those for 30 minutes straight, it would have been next to impossible. As it was, I had to rest on my knees for a few seconds during a few of those sprawl moves to catch my breath. I burned a decent amount of calories for a 30 minute workout, and I liked it. This was my last new workout of the basic P90X3 program. I still have two P.A.P. type workouts I bought with the Deluxe program that I haven't done yet, but overall I'm very, very, very happy with the program.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 330; Avg Heart Rate:128: Max Heart Rate: 156.


SUNDAY - FEBRUARY 2, 2014 - X3 Ab Ripper

This is the best I've done yet on this workout. I did all the Dolphin Hops and Sphinx Plank Holds without going to my knees, which is a first. The first few times I did this workout I had to drop to my knees several times. The only time I really had to come out of a move was during the Bridge Burners, but that was more of a balance thing. I got all the bicycles reps in also, only having to catch my breath two or three times.

Time: 15 minutes; Calories Burned: 115; Avg Heart Rate: 110; Max Heart Rate: 138.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 196.2 (no change)
Body Fat: 21.9% (+0.2%)

I didn't eat well this week. People were bringing in junk into the office and I was eating it.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

A new set of workouts this week. I liked them. I need to concentrate on the eating. It's the vicious cycle again. I'm stressed because I'm not eating well, and stress causes me to not eat well. I need to find my purpose again. It's been lost for a long time. Over a year now.





No comments: