Monday, February 10, 2014

P90X3 - WEEK 7 - Week of 02/10/2014

MONDAY - FEBRUARY 10, 2014 - Eccentric Upper

Still not feeling 100%. I was actually thinking of taking the entire week off. I'm burned out both physical and mentally. There was only one time before where I took off a week in the middle of a program and that was because I physically couldn't work out because I was sick and bedridden for several days. So... I sucked it up and got the workout done. This workout is tough because you are killing your upper body and there's relatively little rest time between exercises, and I don't hit the pause button. I did Ok. Actually, pretty good for the way I was feeling.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 355; Avg Heart Rate: 134; Max Heart Rate: 211.


TUESDAY - FEBRUARY 11, 2014 - Triometrics

Felt good today for the first time in a long time. The cold is still lingering, but I seemed to have more energy today. Today at work I was carrying countless boxes of files up and down stairs, which got my heart pumping and my blood moving. Usually I spend all day at my desk, so maybe that contributed to my extra energy. Anyways, the workout went better than last week, and certainly better than the week before. I'm still horrible on the balance moves, but I improved a wee bit, which is encouraging.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 295; Avg Heart Rate: 121; Max Heart Rate: 151.


WEDNESDAY - FEBRUARY 12, 2014 - X3 Yoga

By far, this was my best X3 Yoga workout. Again, my balance was a slight bit better, but the big thing was that I was more flexible than I had been in the past. I went into Camel for the first time in X3 Yoga, and on the Birddog move I was able to reach behind and grab my ankle. For the last week or so I've been drinking the P90X Recovery formula and I've been feeling more energetic. I'd never tried it before. I don't know if that's what it is that's making me feel better, or what it is, but I'll keep testing it out.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 199; Avg Heart Rate: 101; Max Heart Rate: 120.


THURSDAY - FEBRUARY 13, 2014 - Eccentric Lower

Today begins the second half of the 90 days. This one went OK. There's not much to it and it's certainly not the toughest workout, but it still challenges me because many of the moves require one legged balance, and mine is almost non-existent. Something to work on. I'm still feeling pretty energetic. I took some P90X Recovery formula before I went to bed last night and I was awake for quite a while, so I may have to watch when I drink it.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 234; Avg Heart Rate: 110; Max Heart Rate: 136.


FRIDAY - FEBRUARY 14, 2014 - Incinerator

I'm still feeling pretty good. Today's workout went really well. I felt stronger than I have in a long time, and didn't get too winded.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 260; Avg Heart Rate: 116; Max Heart Rate: 153.


SATURDAY - FEBRUARY 15, 2014 - MMX

Another good workout. I kept putting it off during the day, then finally got into it in the early evening. I was really going full blast early on. I felt good and the moves were flowing easily. I tried keeping up the intensity throughout the workout, and did so, but I had the go to my knees for the second set of the scramble move. I was just out of gas. However, I finished strong, and kept up with the gang during the Burnout. I feel good.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 316; Avg Heart Rate: 125; Max Heart Rate: 158.


SUNDAY - FEBRUARY 16, 2014 - X3 Ab Ripper

I did good on this one. I never had to go down to the floor on any of the moves. Not on the Dolphin Hops, the Planks, the Bridge Burners, or the Mixed Bikes.

Time: 15 minutes; Calories Burned: 126; Avg Heart Rate: 112; Max Heart Rate: 133.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN
Weight: 195.2 (-0.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 21.8% (no change)

Still trying to eat better.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I'm not sure if it's the Recovery Formula I've just started using, or the fact my cold is wearing off, but I felt this week's workouts were my best in a long time. I had more energy and I felt much stronger. I'm very happy with the week.

No comments: