Monday, February 3, 2014

P90X3 - WEEK 6 - Week of 02/03/2014

MONDAY - FEBRUARY 3, 2014 - Eccentric Upper

Feeling the beginnings of a cold coming on, upset stomach, and weak. I was debating whether to even do the workout today, but I got it in. I was dreading each move and cursing the lack of time in between each of them. I stayed with the 25 lb weights on the heavier moves, and 15's on the lighter ones. I struggled to the end, but finished.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 335; Avg Heart Rate: 131; Max Heart Rate: 200.


TUESDAY - FEBRUARY 4, 2014 - Triometrics

My energy level was low because of my cold. I hated this workout last week because I couldn't physically do a lot of the balance moves, which is probably 40% of the workout. Today I tried to go in with a fresh attitude. I'm still not a fan and I still got real frustrated at times, but I did try modifying some of the moves by using a chair or by using less range of motion. I can't believed I burned 346 calories. I'm guessing my heart rate may have been inflated because of the cold.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 346; Avg Heart Rate: 131; Max Heart Rate: 155.


WEDNESDAY - FEBRUARY 5, 2014 - X3 Yoga

Not my greatest Yoga workout. I was stiff as a board on many of the flexibility exercises, but that was today. Sometimes it's like that. I'm typing this hours after I finished my workout, and just before I go to bed. I'm not feeling too good about my progress. Maybe some of it is because my cold is wearing on me, but I feel like I'm going through the motions. I simply can't eat well. Too much junk food available all day long, and I fall for it. This makes me depressed and not excited about doing the workouts at all. When I started this thing over five years ago I was motivated by the weight loss. Last year I bought a new scale because the old one didn't seem too accurate, and the new one had me 10 lbs heavier than the old one. The new one is probably correct. I've now lost that frame of reference for my starting point. How much have I really lost? I know that's not the entire point, but it was a motivating factor, and I seem to have lost it. Because of this, I'm no longer motivated to lose the weight, and instead dreadful that I'll put more weight on. This stresses me out and leads to more poor eating. A vicious cycle I need to get myself out of. When I started P90X3 near the beginning of the year I was looking upon it as a brand new start. A new starting reference so to speak. I'm now halfway through my 6th week, and I'm exactly where I started. Needed to put this in writing. Maybe it'll help.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 215; Avg Heart Rate: 113; Max Heart Rate: 129.


THURSDAY - FEBRUARY 6, 2014 - Eccentric Lower

After my long rant yesterday I still ate some junk at work today, but I'll control it. Today's workout went OK. It's not much of a calorie burner. I'm still weak because of my cold so I decided to try some P90X Recovery Formula after the workout. I got it with my P90X3 kit, but had never tried it. I thought it might make me feel a bit better since I was drained. It tastes good and after drinking a bit of it I feel like it might help. I can definitely feel a difference.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 238; Avg Heart Rate: 113; Max Heart Rate: 136.


FRIDAY - FEBRUARY 7, 2014 - Incinerator

I'm feeling a bit better and getting some of my stamina back. I wasn't even thinking about my cold during the workout, so I guess that's a good sign. The workout went well. I do need to up my weight from 25s to 30s or 35s on a few of the moves. I did increase my pushups from 20 to 22 on each of those moves. I still had a bit left in me, but time ran out. The Burnout was a killer and I had to go to my knees halfway through it.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 257; Avg Heart Rate: 112; Max Heart Rate: 187.


SATURDAY - FEBRUARY 8, 2014 - MMX

I like the workout in general, but was dreading doing all those sprawls. I didn't get them all in, but did my best. Worked up a real good sweat.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 302; Avg Heart Rate: 124; Max Heart Rate: 151.


SUNDAY - FEBRUARY 9, 2014 - X3 Ab Ripper

I'm starting to get the hang of this one. I stayed in all the sphinx moves without going to my knees. I can also feel the tightness in my abs when I'm done, so I know it's working.

Time: 15 minutes; Calories Burned: 142; Avg Heart Rate: 119; Max Heart Rate: 139.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN
Weight: 195.4 (-0.8 lbs)
Body Fat: 21.8% (-0.1%)

I ate a bit better towards the end of the week.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

The fact that I lost a little weight this week makes me feel good. I was battling a cold most of the week, so I got winded real quickly on most of the workouts, but I did get through them. All in all, I'm happy with the week.

No comments: