Monday, February 24, 2014

P90X3 - WEEK 9 - Week of 02/24/2014

MONDAY - FEBRUARY 24, 2014 - Total Synergistics

A bit of a reverse from how I finished last week. I went into the workout feeling good, and I actually did pretty good. Not perfect, but I got things done. I ate well all day today, so I'm hoping that had something to do with it.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 338; Avg Heart Rate: 130; Max Heart Rate: 219.


TUESDAY - FEBRUARY 25, 2014 - Agility X

Another good one. I hadn't done this workout in 6 weeks, but I remember struggling with it in the first phase of this round. Today I seemed to pick up and execute the moves much quicker. The Plyo Pushups at the end were killers and I struggled with those.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 319; Avg Heart Rate: 126; Max Heart Rate: 155.


WEDNESDAY - FEBRUARY 26, 2014 - X3 Yoga

Tried my best again today. You would think after 6 years of not being able to balance on one foot I'd accept it, but I don't, and I still try to find that sweet spot where it works. I haven't found it yet, but I'll keep trying. Slipped a bit on the eating today. Had a couple Root Beers and some fries at lunch, but I'm focused on the eating this week, and will recover.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 235; Avg Heart Rate: 110; Max Heart Rate: 131.


THURSDAY - FEBRUARY 27, 2014 - The Challenge

I got home from work, took a quick nap, and wondered how I was ever going to complete this workout, even though I knew I would. I chose to do 26 pushups and 6 unassisted pullups. 6 unassisted pullups sound ridiculously low, but I've really, really been struggling with them lately, and there's many times when 6 is too much for me. Once I got started, I surprised myself a bit. I had strength on the pullups, getting my chin way over the bar, and on most sets I did all 6 without coming down to the floor. The pushups weren't really a problem either, until I got to the staggered ones. By then my arms were so burned out, I wasn't going as low on them as I had been on the other ones. On the last set I got 22 in, rested on my knees for a few seconds, then finished out the last 4. I'm typing this a few hours after finishing and I still feel pumped. I'm very happy with the workout. Still trying to eat good.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 334; Avg Heart Rate: 129; Max Heart Rate: 158.


FRIDAY - FEBRUARY 28, 2014 - CVX

I'm on a roll. I remember doing this in month one and it killed me. I got winded at times today, but don't think I had to stop more than once or twice. The times I did stop was in the March and Reach, and that was only because my shoulders were fried from yesterday's pushups and pullups. I used an 8 lb medicine ball for all the moves, and once again, I got a great calorie burn for the time involved.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 376; Avg Heart Rate: 137; Max Heart Rate: 160.


SATURDAY - MARCH 1, 2014 - The Warrior

This might have been my worst workout of the week. I went out with a few friends last night and had a few lite beers and a couple diet cokes. I was feeling a bit sluggish most of the day and wasn't real motivated to get it done. However, I still did better than usual. I kept working, but may have done a few less reps on a few of the exercises than those on the video, especially on the burpee/sprawl moves. I'm still pleased, though.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 308; Avg Heart Rate: 125; Max Heart Rate: 153.


SUNDAY - MARCH 2, 2014 - X3 Ab Ripper

I finished off the week with another fine effort. I didn't come out of any of the moves. I did go back into plank quicker than those on the video on some of the Oblique Plank Crunches, but that's only because I wasn't watching the screen and thought I was missing Tony's cues. Otherwise, I was right there with them.

Time: 15 minutes; Calories Burned: 106; Avg Heart Rate: 115; Max Heart Rate: 136.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 196.8 (-0.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 22.0% (+0.1%)

Disappointing to say the least. I thought I ate pretty good this week. Not perfect by any means, but much better than in the past. Plus. I rocked my workouts. All I can do is keep doing the right things, and the results will eventually show.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Despite the disappointing weigh in, my workouts were the best they'd been in a long time, so overall I'm happy with the week. I'm still sore from Chest and Back (The Challenge), which means something is working.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can really relate to your blog. I'm on week 7 of p90x3 and half the time I feel like I'm going backwards. I'm glad to see that someone else is having the same difficulty's as me. Keep up the good work.

maninthebuff said...

Thanks man. I have good days and not so good days, but I keep showing up.