Monday, May 19, 2014

P90X - ROUND 10 - WEEK 5 - Week of 05/19/2014

MONDAY - MAY 19, 2014 - Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps

This is one of my favorite workouts despite all the strange types of pushups. I did OK. One of the toughest moves for me in all of P90X is the Two Twitch Speed Pushups. After I do my first set of the slow ones I can't go fast anymore. I usually get all 25 in, but today I stopped after 18. In the past I've usually fought through it, or gone to my knees for a few seconds, and then finished the final 7, but today I didn't. Can't give a good reason. I did five on each side of the One Arm Pushups with no knees on the floor. I didn't bend my arms too much and didn't get too deep, but I tried, and it gives me something to build on. I also did 6 Airborne (with hand clap) pushups, which I hadn't really done too many times before. So, today, progress was made. I used 25 lb weights on most of the Tricep moves.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 588; Avg Heart Rate: 126; Max Heart Rate: 197.


TUESDAY - MAY 20, 2014 - Plyometrics

I started out slow on this one. I was a bit sluggish and not really feeling too flexible doing the Swing Kicks, so I figured this was going to seem like one of those long workouts you think will never get through. However, all that faded away, and it became a normal Plyo workout. I burned a good amount of calories. The only concern I had was while doing the second set of Gap Jumps, the back of my knee seemed to buckle a little bit. I was conscious of it the rest of the workout, and didn't push it if I didn't have to. I'm hoping it's not lingering. We'll see in the next few days.

Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 674; Avg Heart Rate: 131; Max Heart Rate: 155.


WEDNESDAY - MAY 21, 2014 - Back and Biceps

Another one of my favorites. I know a lot of people find Katie annoying, but I enjoy her banter, and the whole cast seems in a good mood, which makes the whole workout more fun. This one just burns out your arms in a hurry. My pullups sucked. Really sucked. I only did one towel pullup (still can't get the grip down), and only a handful on the others. The strength just wasn't there for those. The weighted back moves were better. I used 40 lbs on all of those moves without any problems. I should have used 45s, but didn't bring the extra weight into the room, and didn't feel like going back to get more. On the bicep moves I started a bit timid, only using 25s on the first few moves. I upped it to 40s on the standard Bicep Curls, doing 8 of them with no problems. I used 30s with no problems on the remaining bicep moves. On the Strip Set, I tried starting with 40s, but only got 6 in on the first set because my arms were toast and my form was starting to go bad. However, I finished all 8 reps on the 35s, 30s, and 25s with relatively good form (I was swinging them a bit on the last two 35s, but not too much). All in all, a good workout. I'm glad I upped the weights a bit after the first few moves. I might try some 35s here and there next time.

Time: 51 minutes; Calories Burned: 541; Avg Heart Rate: 126; Max Heart Rate: 165.


THURSDAY - MAY 22, 2014 - Yoga X

A good workout. Nothing extraordinary to note.

Time: 92 minutes; Calories Burned: 680; Avg Heart Rate: 107; Max Heart Rate: 139.


FRIDAY - MAY 23, 2014 - Legs and Back

I felt good going in and felt fresh throughout the entire workout. I got 55 pull ups in.

Time: 59 minutes; Calories Burned: 607; Avg Heart Rate: 123; Max Heart Rate: 157.


SATURDAY - MAY 24, 2014 - Kenpo X

Woke up to a beautiful morning. I felt energized and got the workout in before noon. Sometimes I have a tendency to just go through the motions on this one, but not today. I was trying to concentrate on the moves more than usual, and the whole workout felt good.

Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 563; Avg Heart Rate: 119; Max Heart Rate: 144.


SUNDAY - MAY 25, 2014 - Ab Ripper X

I did well on this today, but for some reason this workout seems tougher than it used to.

Time: 18 minutes; Calories Burned: 108; Avg Heart Rate: 103; Max Heart Rate: 138.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 195.8 (+0.4 lbs)
Body Fat: 21.8% (+0.1%)

Bought some containers of ice cream last week and had a lot of it during the week. A few slips here and there elsewhere, but I'm feeling good.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

The workouts went very well. I had a lot of energy going into Friday and Saturday's workouts. As I said, a bit of a slip on the eating, and that's something I have to keep an eye on.

No comments: