Monday, May 12, 2014

P90X - ROUND 10 - WEEK 4 - Week of 05/12/2014

MONDAY - MAY 12, 2014 - Yoga X

I got started late on this one tonight. I was also feeling a bit light headed going in, so I contemplated doing Fountain of Youth (48 minutes) again, or even Patience: Hummingbird (35 minutes) instead. I decided to go with Yoga X, and go as far as I could. I ended up getting through the whole thing, and actually did well. In the first half (the vinyasas section) I was sweating like crazy, more than I can remember sweating on any recent workout. The only problems I had in that half was with the behind the back wrap move, and then the Warrior 3 section. The second half went very well. My Balance Poses weren't great, but were better than usual, and I was certainly more flexible than I've been in quite a while. All in all, a very good workout. I'm glad I stuck with it, and did it.

Time: 92 minutes; Calories Burned: 685; Avg Heart Rate: 109; Max Heart Rate: 216.


TUESDAY - MAY 13, 2014 - Core Synergistics

As I think I've said every time I've posted on this workout ... I DON'T LIKE THIS WORKOUT! Now that that's out of the way, I did OK, but not great. I couldn't get down into the Chaturanga Runs at all (well, one for about 2 seconds). I also couldn't get up into bow. The rest of the stuff went better. I used 15 lb weights on the X-Presses and the Lunge, Kickback, Curl, Presses. It doesn't sound like a lot of weight, but you get tired real quick. I worked up a good sweat and my muscles are trembling a bit, so that's good.

Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 564; Avg Heart Rate: 120; Max Heart Rate: 158.


WEDNESDAY - MAY 14, 2014 - Cardio X

I substitute this workout in for Kenpo X during the Recovery Weeks because it's not in the P90X Classic schedule, and I like to use all the workouts. Except for the last 10 minutes or so, it's not really that tough, but it's good to give your body a break here and there. I still work up a bit of a sweat with it, though.

Time: 43 minutes; Calories Burned: 334; Avg Heart Rate: 109; Max Heart Rate: 146.


THURSDAY - MAY 15, 2014 - X Stretch

I always look forward to X Stretch when it comes up in the rotation. Today I was little more flexible than I thought I'd be. I didn't get too far back in the Back Hero pose, but other than that it went well.

Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 272; Avg Heart  Rate: 92; Max Heart Rate: 116.


FRIDAY - MAY 16, 2014 - Core Synergistics

I thought I'd just get it done instead of dreading it. It went well. I was sweating like crazy at the end.

Time: 57 minutes: Calories Burned: 579; Avg Heart Rate: 123; Max Heart Rate: 158.


SATURDAY - MAY 17, 2014 - Yoga X

Even though I tried to "turn off my mind and enjoy the ride", my thoughts for the first half was the tedium. My poses weren't good. I constantly found myself with bad form. I even came out of a few poses during the Warrior 3 / Half-Moon section just because I didn't feel like holding them anymore. The second half of the workout went better. My Balance Postures were OK. My flexibility wasn't as good as Monday, but my attitude improved in the second half.

Time: 92 minutes; Calories Burned: 688; Avg Heart Rate: 107; Max Heart Rate: 136.


SUNDAY - MAY 18, 2014 - Rest

Scheduled rest day.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 195.4 (-1.4 lbs)
Body Fat: 21.7% (-0.4%)

Both are good numbers. I'm not eating anywhere near perfect, but I am consciously making better choices.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

A good week. The workouts went well and the weight loss is encouraging. I'm really liking this round.

No comments: