Monday, May 26, 2014

P90X - ROUND 10 - WEEK 6 - Week of 05/26/2014

MONDAY - MAY 26, 2014 - Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps

Memorial Day. A big thank you to all of our troops, especially those that gave their lives for our country. Sometimes we take those sacrifices for granted.

It's another beautiful day outside, so I got the workout done in the early afternoon, so I could enjoy the rest of the day without having to worry about it. Sundays I usually eat like crap (I need to stop that), so I was feeling the carryover a bit. I had energy, but it was more of a jittery energy. The workout went OK, but I was struggling a few times. I still don't do as well as I should on the Side to Side and Fly pushups, only getting 12 in on each of those exercises. For some reason, the 25 lb weights were giving me problems on some of the tricep moves, so much that I only did 8 reps each on the front to back ones. Maybe it was just one of those days. I did, however, do 10 Airborne Clap pushups, and those went relatively easy, so that's pretty cool.

Time:  55 minutes; Calories Burned: 557; Avg Heart Rate: 124; Max Heart Rate: 194.


TUESDAY - MAY 27, 2014 - Plyometrics

A good workout today. Nothing exceptional. I labored a bit early in the second set, but got through it and finished strong.

Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 674; Avg Heart Rate: 131; Max Heart Rate: 155.


WEDNESDAY - MAY 28, 2014 - Back and Biceps

Every once in a while you have to take a step back in a workout, and today was one of those days. I started off strong, getting in 7 wide pullups (which is good for me), then doing 12 lawnmowers on each side, with 45 lb weights. Both were increases over last week. Then it got bad. I really noticed it on the straight Bicep Curls. Last week I did 8 with 40 lbs with relatively little problem. Today I went with the 40s again, but only got six in, and the last two of those were ugly. I don't know if I burned myself out on the first two moves, or what it was. I was using my Powerblock weights, and there were times I had one dumbbell heavier than the other because I wasn't lining up the clips properly. When doing the Congdon Locomotive I thought I was using 40 lbs, but it turns out I was using 45s. My rep counts were also down on a few of the exercises. By the time I got to the Strip Set I decided to start with 35s (last week I started with 40s), and work my way down. Despite all the problems today, I did work up a good sweat, and my arms were fried when I was done. I'm not discouraged because I did my best for today, and I'm happy with that.

Time: 51 minutes; Calories Burned: 530; Avg Heart Rate: 123; Max Heart Rate: 158.


THURSDAY - MAY 29, 2014 - Yoga X

I had to work a bit late today and there was something I really wanted to see on TV tonight, so I thought I was going to be under some time constraints for my workout. I was considering doing Tony Horton's One on One Fountain of Youth yoga workout instead, because it's only half the time, but on the way home I was thinking I'd really rather do Yoga X. My workouts have been going pretty good lately and I wanted to keep the momentum going. Tonight was certainly the best I've done on this routine this round. I was relatively calm throughout. On my standing poses I was concentrating on balancing on the outer rim of my foot so my foot wouldn't collapse in and throw off my balance. It worked well. It even helped on the Balance Postures. I held Crane for at least 30 seconds straight, and got my feet over my head and to the ground in Plough. A good day!

Time: 92 minutes; Calories Burned: 693; Avg Heart Rate: 106; Max Heart Rate: 136.


FRIDAY - MAY 30, 2014 - Legs and Back

Played golf today for the first time since September. It was good to finally get out after the long winter and dreary early spring. There is a group of about 25 of us that get out on Friday's during the summer. Most of these guys I haven't seen since September. Two of them came up to me at separate time to say hello and said "you're looking good". I'm not vain about stuff like that, but it does mean something's working with this P90X. The workout went well also. As I've said many times, pullups aren't my strength, but I got in 58 today, and felt stronger than usual doing them. I'm feeling good.

Time: 59 minutes; Calories Burned: 579; Avg Heart Rate: 120; Max Heart Rate: 220.


SATURDAY - MAY 31, 2014 - Kenpo X

Not a good workout. I wasn't dreading doing it, I just had no energy. I noticed early on that my heart rate wasn't getting up, and I got one of the lowest calorie burns I've ever got on this workout. I started it about 6:30pm and hadn't eaten a lot during the day, so I'm sure that had a lot to do with it.

Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 392; Avg Heart Rate: 101; Max Heart Rate: 125.


SUNDAY - JUNE 1, 2014 - Ab Ripper X

I do Ab Ripper X without the disc because I know it by heart. The actual workout on the DVD is about 16 minutes long, but it usually takes me at least 18 minutes because I'm taking my time, and taking longer breaks in between moves. Today, however, it was going really smoothly, and I got it in quicker than usual, and with good form. I can also feel it in my abs.

Time: 16 minutes; Calories Burned: 124; Avg Heart Rate: 106; Max Heart Rate: 141.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 194.8 (-1.0 lbs)
Body Fat: 21.4% (-0.4%)

Good results. I'm still concentrating on the nutrition this round. It's far from perfect, but I don't think I've had any "binges". A bid drop in Body Fat % this week, which is good.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Not too much to say. It was a good week. I'm really enjoying this round.


No comments: