Monday, October 13, 2014

P90X2 - ROUND 2 - WEEK 10 - Week of 10/13/2014

MONDAY - OCTOBER 13, 2014 - V-Sculpt

I used the Pullup Assist for most of the pullup moves again. I want to get a feeling if more reps using it will do more for me than less reps without it. The jury is still out on that one, but I'll admit I do feel my back muscles more, now that I've been using it. The weighted moves went well, I used 25 lb weights on most of those.

Time: 53 minutes; Calories Burned: 490; Avg Heart Rate: 116; Max Heart Rate: 153.


TUESDAY - OCTOBER 14, 2014 - Plyocide

Last time doing this routine for this round, but not my best effort. It wasn't bad, but I wasn't pushing myself to the extreme. Still, I was getting gassed and worked up a good sweat, as usual with this routine.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 504; Avg Heart Rate: 115; Max Heart Rate: 150.


WEDNESDAY - OCTOBER 15, 2014 - X2 Yoga

I felt more relaxed and flexible than usual doing this one today. I'm still trying to keep my momentum from last week with my eating, and I'm sure that had something to do with it. Sometimes when I do this workout I feel like a whale, but not today.

Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 499; Avg Heart Rate: 106; Max Heart Rate: 131.


THURSDAY - OCTOBER 16, 2014 - X2 Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps

One of my better workouts lately. I started out by doing much better than usual with the Chattarocker Pushups. I only got 8 in the first set, but they seemed to be smoother. I got 10 in on the second set. The big improvement was on the 3 Ball Extravaganza Pushups. I got in 8 on each set, and was even getting my right knee pretty close to my right elbow. I also increased my reps on the 3 Ball Tricep Dips, getting 20 in on the last set. The only place I was struggling were on the Pushup Sidearm Balances. I did my usual 12 reps, but my balance on my left arm was shaky.

Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 459; Avg Heart Rate: 119; Max Heart Rate: 223.


FRIDAY - OCTOBER 17, 2014 - Base and Back

I played golf this morning and was very stiff when I got home. I got through everything OK. I used the Pullup Assist again on everything but the Wide Legged Chinups. I think it's helping me in the long run, but I cant be sure. I know when I do regular Pullups without the assist, my forearms right above the top of my wrist feels really stressed. I don't have that feeling when using the Assist. I think I'm not using my back/lat muscles enough without it.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 491; Avg Heart Rate: 114; Max Heart Rate: 215.


SATURDAY - OCTOBER 18, 2014 - Recovery and Mobility

Very relaxing. I didn't feel it as much as the last two weeks, but maybe that's a good thing.

Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 199; Avg Heart Rate: 83; Max Heart Rate: 106.


SUNDAY - OCTOBER 19, 2014 - X2 Ab Ripper

A little better than usual. Still can't get through the Seated Bicycles without coming down. Got through #19 of 20 though.

Time: 16 minutes; Calories Burned: 121; Avg Heart Rate: 104; Max Heart Rate: 129.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 196.8 (+0.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 21.9% (-0.1%)

I'm a bit puzzled by the weight increase, but it is what it is. I ate well, but not perfect, so I'm sure I slipped up on something.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Not happy about the weight increase, but I feel good. I'm feeling more toned than I have in a long time.This was the last week of the "Strength" Phase. Next week I start the final 3 weeks of the "P.A.P." Phase.



No comments: