Monday, October 6, 2014

P90X2 - ROUND 2 - WEEK 9 - Week of 10/06/2014

MONDAY - OCTOBER 6, 2014 - Chest, Back, and Balance

I tried something different on the pullups today. Instead of the normal workout gloves I use, I used winter gloves. I got a much better grip on both the pullup bar and also when balancing on the stability and medicine balls. I got in one weak Impossible/Possible pushup.

Time: 59 minutes; Calories Burned: 555; Avg Heart Rate: 118; Max Heart Rate: 215.


TUESDAY - OCTOBER 7, 2014 - Plyocide

My first thought after finishing the workout was that it wasn't anything extraordinary. After thinking about it for a few minutes I realized I had improved on almost all the moves gradually over the last few weeks. My balance was much better than usual on my right leg and I got a few more reps in on some of the other moves.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 517; Avg Heart Rate: 117; Max Heart Rate: 150.


WEDNESDAY - OCTOBER 8, 2014 - X2 Yoga

A good yoga workout. I was pretty relaxed throughout. Still had problems with some of the balancing, but that's not unusual. Some days are better than others with that.

Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 486; Avg Heart Rate: 104; Max Heart Rate: 130.


THURSDAY - OCTOBER 9, 2014 - X2 Shoulders and Arms

Another good but unspectacular workout. I tried keeping the same wight for most of the sets, but had to drop from 20s to 15s on the Crazy 8's and from 20s to 15s on the Tricep Kickbacks during the last set. My balance still sucks big time on my left leg, but I'm finding I can do much better on my right one. It's still not good, but in comparison to my left, it's miles ahead.

Time: 52 minutes; Calories Burned: 540; Avg Heart Rate: 124; Max Heart Rate: 155.


FRIDAY - OCTOBER 10, 2014 - Base and Back

An exhausting workout. I played golf this morning and walked a lot of the course, so some of the Plyo moves were tough. I hadn't had a lot to eat today, and didn't have a lot of food in the house, so I ate a stale roll about an hour before the workout. It just sat in my stomach like a lead rock. I used the Pullup Assist again and got a lot more reps in, but wonder if it's helping, or if it's too much assistance (which I almost consider cheating).

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 487; Avg Heart Rate: 113; Max Heart Rate: 148.


SATURDAY - OCTOBER 11, 2014 - Recovery and Mobility

I'm continuing to use the Rumble Roller and for the second week in a row I'm really starting to not back off on tings. I have tight shoulders and found a spot (on both sides) on my upper lats, just below my rear shoulder area, that really hurt when I settled on it. I stayed on it as long as I could. Hopefully, it'll help open up the shoulders a bit.

Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 241; Avg Heart Rate: 88; Max Heart Rate: 193.


SUNDAY - OCTOBER 12, 2014 - X2 Ab Ripper

I did OK. The only time I came down from a rep was near the end of the Seated Bicycles at the end of the workout.

Time: 16 minutes; Calories Burned: 110;  Avg Heart Rate: 101; Max Heart Rate: 123.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 196.2 (-4.0 lbs)
Body Fat: 22.0 (-0.3%)

I concentrated on eating better this week and it showed. I had Burrito Bowls from Chipotle twice this week for lunch instead of grabbing a sub from the corner pizzeria. 4 lbs is a big drop for me in a week. It shows what I can do when I do concentrate on things.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I'm obviously thrilled with the weight loss. The workouts went well too. I really like X2 a lot. I don't really dread any of the workouts, which makes it easier to get through things each day.

No comments: