Monday, October 20, 2014

P90X2 - ROUND 2 - WEEK 11 - Week of 10/20/2014

MONDAY - OCTOBER 20, 2014 - P.A.P. Lower

Starting the last 3 week phase of this round. I'll be doing the P.A.P. Lower and Upper workouts each twice per week, along with a day of X2 Yoga and a day of Recovery and Mobility. I remembered a bit about this workout from when I did it in early 2012. It seemed a bit easier than what I was remembering, but then I realized I wasn't getting all the reps in. The Step Up Convicts are hard for me because I have no balance, and I can't get down in a lunge because my ankles don't bend normally. I used 20 lb weights the first two sets, and only got about 4 to 5 reps in on each side. For the last two sets I went down to 10 lb weights, and was able to get in 6 on each side. The toughest move for me is the Side Bridges. I was Ok on the right side, usually getting to 30 seconds, but never made it to 30 on the left side. The One Legged Line Hops were also tough for me because I have no bounce in my ankles and feet. I also tapped a ton of times on the Squat Cross Reaches because of no balance, Other than that, things went great, but I could have done without the neuro-integrated stretching at the end. I still don't "get it".

Time: 62 minutes; Calories Burned: 575; Avg Heart Rate: 117; Max Heart Rate: 153.


TUESDAY - OCTOBER 21. 2014 - P.A.P. Upper

I usually am better at the lower body exercises than the upper ones, but I think I like this one better than P.A.P. Lower. I definitely liked the second complex on this one better than the first. In the first complex, the Plyo Pushups went too fast for me and holding Superman with a weighted bar for 45 seconds wasn't happening either. No problems with the second complex other than I did Wide Pullups instead of the Towel Pullups. I can't get the grip on the towel to do even more than one or two. Overall, I liked it.

A funny story. One of my cats loves to be brushed. He knows I'm going to brush him after I put the DVD in and am waiting for it to load, and he knows he's going to get brushed after I'm done with the workout, so as soon as he sees me starting the write down my final numbers in my notebook, he comes over to get brushed. Lately, he hasn't even been waiting for me to pull out my notebook. I finish my cool down and he's already sitting by the brush. He also waits for the foam rolling sequence in the warm up because I'm down on the floor and can scratch him while I'm rolling. Anyways today, he didn't even wait for me to start putting things away when the workout ended. The second the cool down ended and Tony said 'that's it", he started head butting the eject button on the DVD player, then ran over and sat by his brush. Smart cat.

Time: 52 minutes; Calories Burned: 505; Avg Heart Rate: 119; Max Heart Rate: 153.


WEDNESDAY - OCTOBER 22, 2014 - X2 Yoga

A bit of a stressful day at work. Sometimes that turns into Angry Yoga. That didn't happen today, but my mind was wandering a bit. However, it was more of a peaceful wandering than usual.

Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 536; Avg Heart Rate: 108; Max Heart Rate: 134.


THURSDAY - OCTOBER 23, 2014 - P.A.P. Lower

I still stink at the balance moves, but I did get up to 8 Step Up Convicts by the last set. I used 15 lb weights on those. When I did this on Monday, I'd started with 20s, but they seemed to be throwing off my balance. Going down the 5 lbs seemed to have helped. On the One Leg Line Hops I did 10 each direction on the first set, then got up to 12 on the last 3 sets. The Side Bridges are still tough for me. I know I'm thinking to much when doing those, and telling myself I can't last the 30 seconds, so I don't last the 30 seconds. However on the very last one, I did get to the 30 seconds. Overall, there were slight improvements from Monday's workout.

Time: 62 minutes; Calories Burned: 626; Avg Heart Rate: 122; Max Heart Rate: 157.


FRIDAY - OCTOBER 24, 2014 - P.A.P. Upper

I'm liking the P.A.P. workouts. On this one, I'm still struggling with the weighted Superman's. The best I did today was 35 seconds. On the first set of Renegade Rows I only got 8 reps in. On the next 3 sets the only way I could get 10 in was to start before they did. The Plyo Pushups were a disaster. I don't have the twitch speed to do them that fast. On the first set, I did 6, but they were ugly. On the second set, I was gassed, and only got 1 in. I did the last two sets on my knees. I was sweating like crazy in the first Complex, especially during the two isometric moves. The second Complex went much better. In stead of the Towel Pullups I did standard Wide Pullups and gor 4 reps in each time. On Tuesday, I only did 3 each time. Good workout! (I'm typing this the following morning and my shoulders are burning!)

Time: 52 minutes; Calories Burned: 531; Avg Heart Rate: 123; Max Heart Rate: 212.


SATURDAY - OCTOBER 25, 2014 - Recovery and Mobility

Relaxing. I did notice my Heart Rate and Calories Burned were higher than normal. I've been eating like absolute crap all week. I'm wondering if that had anything to do with that.

Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 272; Avg Heart Rate: 91; Max Heart Rate: 114.


SUNDAY - OCTOBER 26, 2014 - X2 Ab Ripper

Not my best. I was all over the place on the Roll V Holds and tired out on the Bicycles again. But I can feel it in my abs.

Time: 16 minutes;  Calories Burned: 110;  Avg Heart Rate: 101; Max Heart Rate: 123.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 196.8 (no change)
Body Fat: 22.0% (+0.1%)

I didn't eat great this week. I'd made a cake last Sunday and finished it up earlier in the week, and a few other sweets, but maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

As I said, I let my eating get away from me a bit. The workouts went great. I really like the P.A.P. workouts and I fell more toned than ever. I remember feeling the same way when I finished my first round of X2 a few years ago.

No comments: