Monday, January 19, 2015

P90 - ROUND 1 - WEEK 9 - WEEK OF 1/19/2015

MONDAY - JANUARY 19, 2015 - P90 Sweat C

This is the start of month three and the "C" workouts. This one was pretty much as expected, amped up moves from Sweat B, with two new moves added on to the end. The last move, the Sprawl and Scramble was tiring, and I really slowed down on the last 30 seconds of it. There were also quite a few balance moves involved, some I remember from P90X3 Agility. Overall, it wasn't bad.

Time: 40 minutes; Calories Burned: 440; Avg Heart Rate: 127; Max Heart Rate: 155.


TUESDAY - JANUARY 20, 2015 - P90 Sculpt C

I was really apprehensive about this one because Sculpt B was tough on it's own, and month 3 is supposed to be harder. It turns out this one wasn't so bad. There was less emphasis on pure weights and more on the bands, and even more on balancing. This was basically a P90X3 workout. I liked the moves and I liked the cast, which always makes it more enjoyable.

Time: 44 minutes; Calories Burned: 457; Avg Heart Rate: 123; Max Heart Rate: 153.


WEDNESDAY - JANUARY 21, 2015 - P90 Speed Sweat

A much easier workout than what I've been doing lately. There's really only one "tough" move for me in this one and that is the "Hoppers" (diamond burpees) in part of the first move. Otherwise, it's not that intense. However, I still broke a sweat.

Time: 24 minutes; Calories Burned: 216; Avg Heart Rate: 113; Max Heart Rate: 133.


THURSDAY - JANUARY 22, 2015 - P90 Sculpt C

I did OK on this one today. I upped my weight on the Arc Presses to 25 lbs and 20 lbs on the One-Legged ones. I think I can do even more than that, definitely on the regular ones. On the Eccentric Tricep Extensions I tried something different. When I did them on Tuesday with 15 lb wights I noticed I was dropping my elbows before I started bringing them back into my shoulders. Today I decided to use the bands. I stood with my back to the door (bent over a bit)  so the bands were behind me. I then released them back and then brought them to my shoulders slowly. I think this worked better than the weights. Overall, I like the workout, even though as I've mentioned many times before, my balance sucked on the Warrior 3 and Half Moon moves.

Time: 44 minutes; Calories Burned: 487; Avg Heart Rate: 127; Max Heart Rate: 155.


FRIDAY - JANUARY 23, 2015 - P90 Sweat C

I think I can safely say this isn't my favorite workout. Too many downstrikes, sprawls, and scrambles for my liking, but it does make me work up a sweat. By the time I get to the last scramble move, I'm pretty much done. To compound things, somebody brought in a few extra Whopper Jr's and a some fries into the office today. I'd already eaten the salad I'd brought, but once every few months Burger King tastes good to me, so I indulge. Today was that day. I've been eating fairly well the last several weeks, so I shouldn't beat myself up too much, but I just hate to undo what I'm working towards.

Time: 40 minutes; Calories Burned: 422; Avg Heart Rate: 126; Max Heart Rate: 210.


SATURDAY - JANUARY 24, 2015 - P90 Saturday Special

I felt a bit sluggish going into the workout and I'll admit I was "pacing" myelf a bit, especially after the Cross Climber and A Twists. At the end I was feeling really drained, more so than usual. It may be the after affects of the Whopper Jr's.

Time: 27 minutes; Calories Burned: 263; Avg Heart Rate: 119; Max Heart Rate: 140.


SUNDAY - JANUARY 25, 2015 - P90 Ab Ripper C

5 more moves added on to Ab Ripper B, so we're not at 20 moves in just under 15 minutes. Really no time in between moves, so you can really feel it in your abs. Mine feel more tight than sore. Not too many problems today other than the Banana Bikes. I just can't get up, balance, and bicycle fast enough. I got them all in, but they were ugly. Something to work on. Overall, however, I was very pleased, and I like this workout.

Time: 15 minutes; Calories Burned: 94; Avg Heart Rate: 99; Max Heart Rate: 127.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 202.2 (+1.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 23.1% (+0.2%)

I'm extremely frustrated with this. As I've said before, I realize weight isn't the only measuring factor in fitness, but it is one of them. I've been really trying to eat well since late December. I slipped up a bit this week and it really cost me. I'll just keep trying to do the right things. That's all I can do.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I was expecting the "C" workouts to be more intense than the "B" workouts for obvious reasons, but my first impression was that Sculpt "C" was actually a bit easier than Sculpt "B". However, that might not really be the case. While it's different in that it uses bands and balance more than "B", it might actually be more effective. It's definitely more versatile. Sweat "C' was more difficult than "B" simply because it's basically the same as "B" but with more moves added. I also like Ab Ripper C a lot. One other thing I've failed to mention during this program. I'm sore almost every day. I've done P90X numerous times, P90X2, P90X3, Insanity, Asylum, Les Mills Pump, etc, and these supposedly "easier" workouts are still leaving me sore. That's saying something for it.

While we're on the subject of things I haven't mentioned befoe: Once or twice a week, I'm doing bicep curls with 50 lb dumbbells. I'm trying to get 8 reps in each time. This doesn't sound like a lot of reps, but I can really feel the strength in my arms building and also in my abs, as those are working during the curls. This may be adding to my overall soreness also.

Overall, despite the weight gain, I'm definitely feeling more toned, and that's a good feeling.


No comments: