Monday, September 7, 2015

P90X3 - ROUND 2 - WEEK 1 - WEEK OF 09/072015

MONDAY - SEPTEMBER 7, 2015 - P90X3 - The Challenge

It's been a month since I finished Body Beast. I had a lot of things going on near the end of the summer, so I planned to take that time off and start P90X3 today. My weight is at the heaviest in years. I can feel it at times, so I really need to concentrate on my nutrition.

Today was The Challenge, which is 30 minutes of Chest and Back. Because I haven't done concentrated pushups or pullups in many. many months I decided to start light and targeted just 4 pullups and 20 pushups. I hit each of those numbers although it was a struggle on a few of the sets. I came off the pullup bar after 3 reps a few times, but got back up and finished the set. 4 sounds like a real low number, and it is, but I really struggle with them, even after doing them for a while. All in all, I was happy with the workout. I think I'm going to be sore at some point, probably on Wednesday.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 231; Avg Heart Rate: 118; Max Heart Rate: 212.


TUESDAY - SEPTEMBER 8, 2015 - P90X3 - Agility X

I enjoyed this one today. I tried going hard when I could, but still don't have the footwork down. I remember that happened the first time I went through this workout. The Plyo Pushups at the end weren't happening.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 303; Avg Heart Rate: 123; Max Heart Rate: 147.


WEDNESDAY - SEPTEMBER 9, 2015 - P90X3 - The Warrior

This one should be easier for me than it was. A rotation of Upper, Cardio, Middle, Lower moves. I pretty much sucked today. I'm not back in shape yet, and it humbled me.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 294; Avg Heart Rate: 123; Max Heart Rate: 150.


THURSDAY - SEPTEMBER 10, 2015 - P90X3 - X3 Yoga

I checked my workout logs and the last time I did a yoga routine was in November 2014. Needless to say I wasn't very flexible, but I did enjoy it.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 198; Avg Heart Rate:107; Max Heart Rate: 124.


FRIDAY - SEPTEMBER 11, 2015 - P90X3 - Total Synergistics

Once again, I was terrible. No strength or endurance at all. It's frustrating, but I'm doing this to get all that back.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 291; Avg Heart Rate: 125; Max Heart Rate: 202.


SATURDAY - SEPTEMBER 12, 2015 - P90X3 - CVX

I felt pretty good when I woke up this morning, so I got this one done early. I wasn't as sluggish as I'd been the last few days. I still struggled a few times, but overall my endurance was much better.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 303; Avg Heart Rate: 129; Max Heart Rate: 152.


SUNDAY - SEPTEMBER 13, 2015 - P90X3 - X3 Ab Ripper

Got it done early again. I did quite well for the first time doing this in a year and a half. My range of motion wasn't great in some areas, but I got all the moves in. I'm happy with the last two days.

Time: 15 minutes; Calories Burned: 113; Avg Heart Rate: 143; Max Heart Rate: 220.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 205.6 (-1.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 24.0% (-0.1%)

It's a start. I didn't eat perfect, but was at least conscious of things.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

My fitness isn't where it should be, but Saturday and Sunday gave me some hope.


No comments: