Tuesday, September 29, 2015

P90X3 - ROUND 2 - WEEK 4 - WEEK OF 09/28/2015

MONDAY - SEPTEMBER 28, 2015 - P90X3 - Isometrix

This one is just cruel, especially for somebody that has no balance. The plank exercises are hard to hold for 45 seconds, and even harder to get good form. The standing balance poses are tough for me because of my bad ankles. I can hold some of the ones on my right leg, but on my left leg a 5 second hold is almost an accomplishment. It's just not there.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 201; Avg Heart Rate: 110; Max Heart Rate: 127.


TUESDAY - SEPTEMBER 29, 2015 - P90X3 - Dynamix

This is similar to Isometrix in ways, but instead of holding poses for a long period of time (45 seconds), you're moving parts of your body for 30 seconds at a time. It was a bit easier for me than yesterday's workout, but still nowhere near perfect.

Time" 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 173; Avg Heart Rate: 106; Max Heart Rate: 127.


WEDNESDAY - SEPTEMBER 30, 2015 - P90X3 - CVX

Much better than the first 3 times I did this routine this round. I used an 8 lb medicine ball again. I didn't really "dog" any of the moves (except not going to the floor on the Atlas Twists). I held my arms up the entire time in the Press Jack's, March and Reach's, and Chair to Lunge's. A good workout. For some reason the calorie burn was real low. My heart rate monitor might not have been functioning properly.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 224; Avg Heart Rate: 136; Max Heart Rate: 157.


THURSDAY - OCTOBER 1, 2015 - P90X3 - X3 Yoga

I did OK on this one. In the balance poses, my balance was pretty good on my right leg, non-existent on my left.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 108?; Avg Heart Rate: 104; Max Heart Rate: 119.


FRIDAY - OCTOBER 2, 2015 - P90X3 - Pilates X

I tried my best, but on some of these moves, like The Pretzel, I'm simply not flexible enough to pull them off.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 87?; Avg Heart Rate: 102; Max Heart Rate: 116.


SATURDAY - OCTOBER 3, 2015 - P90X3 - MMX

The one thing I'd remembered about this workout was all the sprawls. It took me a bit of time to get the coordination down on some things, but I did OK. On the sprawls, I went a little slower than those on the video, and near the end I actually went to Child's Pose when I couldn't get up doing the second side of one of the sprawl moves. But I actually did better on them as a whole than I thought I was going to.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 236; Avg Heart Rate: 125; Max Heart Rate: 143.


SUNDAY - OCTOBER 4, 2015 - REST


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 205.2 (+0.8 lbs)
Body Fat: 23.8% (no change)

A bit of stress eating again.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I liked the routines for the most part. Isometrix was tough, but the others were relaxing. The two cardio routines went well. Not happy about the weight gain, but it's something to keep an eye on.

No comments: