Monday, February 1, 2016

THE MASTERS HAMMER AND CHISEL - ROUND 1 - WEEK 2 - WEEK OF 02/01/16

MONDAY - FEBRUARY 1, 2016 - Chisel Cardio

When I saw it was Chisel Cardio today, I was looking forward to it a bit. Even though I'm not a cardio lover, I thought it would be something different than Autumn's workouts from week 1. I was wrong. Same thing. Different title. A bunch of Step Up moves (extremely dangerous, somebody is going to lose their balance and break an ankle), some plank moves, throw in a couple burpees. I'm bored. I broke a good sweat, but my spirit is broken a bit.

Time: 38 minutes; Calories Burned: 423; Avg Heart Rate: 128; Max Heart Rate: 194.


TUESDAY - FEBRUARY 2, 2016 - Max Hammer Strength

First time doing this one, so I went lighter on the weights than I probably should have. I used 25 lb weights for all the "heavy" moves. Now that I know what to expect I can increase those to what I normally use for those particular exercises. A good routine.

Time: 35 minutes; Calories Burned: 329; Avg Heart Rate: 117; Max Heart Rate: 189.


WEDNESDAY - FEBRUARY 3, 2016 - Chisel Agility

This seemed to be the easiest workout I've done in this program so far. However, I still got a bit winded a few times, worked up quite a sweat, and burned a lot more calories than I thought I had. So maybe it was tougher than it appeared to be.

Time: 37 minutes; Calories Burned: 333; Avg Heart Rate: 115; Max Heart Rate: 148.


THURSDAY - FEBRUARY 4, 2016 - Hammer Power

I enjoyed this one. I didn't baby myself with the weights and tried to pick ones that would challenge me but not injure me. Mostly used 10's or 15's as the "light" weight, and 25's on the "heavy" ones.

Time: 38 minutes; Calories Burned: 383; Avg Heart Rate: 122; Max Heart Rate: 158.


FRIDAY - FEBRUARY 5, 2016 - Chisel Balance

Second time I did this one. Because of my bad feet, ankles and knees, it's almost impossible for me to balance. Therefore, I get very frustrated when doing these types of workouts. I feel the same way with some of the P90X3 workouts, specifically Triometrics. I feel like I can't get better and I'm just wasting my time. I got to the point today where on one of the moves I did 6 of the 15 reps, then just walked away and didn't finish that move. I'll just have to try and keep positive about it by realizing my limits and doing the best I can.

Time: 40 minutes; Calories Burned: 397; Avg Heart Rate: 121; Max Heart Rate: 233.


SATURDAY - FEBRUARY 6, 2016 - Hammer Conditioning

This was a relatively short workout with only 8 moves done twice each. However it really winded me. I went out Friday night and didn't eat real well, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 294; Avg Heart Rate: 120; Max Heart Rate: 150.


SUNDAY - FEBRUARY 7, 2016 - 10 Minute Ab Chisel

Not too tough, but I could feel it a bit in my abs. The best thing I got out of it was realizing my workout bench was more wobbly than it needed to be, so I found the problem and tightened it up. That should help on future workouts.

Time: 10 minutes; Calories Burned: 70; Avg Heart Rate: 101; Max Heart Rate: 120.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 209.6 (+1.8 lbs)
Body Fat: 25.0% (+0.2%)

Didn't concentrate on eating well. I seem to let myself go after having a loss the week before. I need to stop that.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

The workouts are OK. I'm getting bored and frustrated a bit with Autumn's, buy maybe I need to give them more time. They're different to what I'm used to. Not happy with the weight gain, but it was my fault (obviously).


No comments: