Monday, February 15, 2016

THE MASTERS HAMMER AND CHISEL - ROUND 1 - WEEK 4 - WEEK OF 02/15/16

MONDAY - FEBRUARY 15, 2016 - Power Chisel

Chisel Balance was on the schedule today, but it noted you could use Power Chisel (one of the bonus workouts), as an alternative. Because I've done Balance twice so far, and it's been pretty much a waste of time, I decided to give Power a try. It was OK. I did like the fact that it was just Autumn and Sagi on the video, with Sagi getting winded here and there. Overall, it wasn't that tough, especially the first sets with the medicine ball. I could have used heavier weights on the "heavy" sets, but I used 25's on those because I didn't know what to expect.

Time: 29 minutes; Calories Burned: 273; Avg Heart Rate: 117; Max Heart Rate: 208.


TUESDAY - FEBRUARY 16, 2016 - Max Strength Hammer

I think this was my best effort on this one. The only move where I "dogged" it a bit was on the Bulgarian Split Squats, which seem to be in almost all the Hammer and Chisel workouts, and I hate them. Except for the Pullups and Chinups, where I did 15 each (assisted), I lasted the entire 60 seconds on all the other moves, including the pushups. Again, I used 35's on most of the 8 rep moves, simply because that's the weight I had set on my powerblocks. I guess next time I can try using the max 55's on some of the moves.

Time: 36 minutes; Calories Burned: 355; Avg Heart Rate: 122; Max Heart Rate: 208.


WEDNESDAY - FEBRUARY 17, 2016 - Chisel Cardio

Didn't eat good at lunch today, then compounded it by grabbing a slice of cold pizza (from Sunday) to eat when I got home, even though I didn't really want it. I went into the workout in a bad frame of mind, then let it get the best of me. As I think I mentioned the first time I did this one, it bores the hell out of me. I'm not going to say it isn't tough, because it certainly is, but nothing is interesting about it to me. Let's just say I got through it. Need to improve my attitude a bit (a lot). It starts with the eating. It really does. I don't know why I can't commit to it.

Time: 38 minutes; Calories Burned: 379; Avg Heart Rate: 121; Max Heart Rate: 154.


THURSDAY - FEBRUARY 18, 2016 - Iso Speed Hammer 

After yesterday's debacle and blog entry, I realized it was up to me to make things better. I went to bed last night with a renewed spirit. I realize I don't have to be perfect in my eating and my workouts, just eat sensibly, and do the best I can at the workouts. As I said, eating better makes me feel better, so if I concentrate on that, a lot of other things will take care of themselves. Today's workout was very short so I was able to go at it pretty hard. Not much to say about it though. Pretty simple moves.10 reps slow, then 10 reps fast. The weights I used seemed about right. One thing I have noticed is that I've been toning up in my arms and shoulders, and I can really feel the muscles in my quads, so something is definitely working.

Time: 23 minutes; Calories Burned: 201; Avg Heart Rate: 114; Max Heart Rate: 203.


FRIDAY - FEBRUARY 19, 2016 - Chisel Agility

I was a bit sluggish going in. The first half wasn't great, as I wasn't too motivated, but I tried to pick it up a bit in the second half. There are only two moves that are semi-tough, because you're jumping "up" and twisting your body, the 180 degree Rotational Spins and the Directional Cross Lunges. They can take a lot out of you, but I made sure I went all out for the 60 seconds on those.

Time: 37 minutes; Calories Burned: 358; Avg Heart Rate: 118; Max Heart Rate: 153.


SATURDAY - FEBRUARY 20, 2016 - Hammer Power

I had to take some short breaks later in the workout because I was getting a bit winded, but I feel I got a lot out of it. My weights varied between 10 and 25 lb dumbbells. Sometimes I was using a bit heavier weights than they were, especially on the "light", where I used 15's a lot. Sometimes I was using lighter than they were on the "heavy". They were using 30's. I was using 25's. My dumbbells only go to 25, after that I use my powerblocks. I think I'll try them next time, but I know they're going to be tough on the 1 arm jerks.

Time: 38 minutes; Calories Burned: 439; Avg Heart Rate: 130; Max Heart Rate: 161.


SUNDAY - FEBRUARY 21, 2016 - 10 Minute Ab Chisel

Did OK. It's a really short workout, so there are no excuses not to go all out.

Time: 10 minutes; Calories Burned: 72; Avg Heart Rate: 103; Max Heart Rate: 124.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 210.0 (+0.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 25.0% (+0.1%)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Frustrated. I don't like some of the workouts and I'm not committing to the eating.

No comments: