Monday, February 13, 2017

P90X3 - ROUND 5 - WEEK 7 - WEEK OF 02/13/17

MONDAY - FEBRUARY 13, 2017 - P90X3 - Eccentric Upper

I had a mentally exhausting day at work. Came home and took a nap. The workouts have been going well, but I wasn't mentally looking forward to it today and was wondering how I was going to get through it. Surprise! I did well. I'm not great at pullups but felt strong doing them and got a couple more in than usual here and there. I did take two or three couple minute breaks, but that usually happens when I'm working with weights. I even upped my weights from 10's to 15's on the Lateral/Anterior Raises and the Pteradactyl Flys. The Raises were fine. I was struggling a bit on the Flys. Overall I was pleased I was able to get in a good workout even though I wasn't mentally ready.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 208; Avg Heart Rate: 114; Max Heart Rate: 143.


TUESDAY - FEBRUARY 14, 2017 - P90X3 - Triometrics

A step back today. No balance at all right from the start. This led to a bit of frustration so I wasn't pushing myself as hard as I could. I wasn't getting as deep in my squats as the last few weeks. I was out of gas in the Slater Squats and was much slower on those this week than the previous two weeks. I usually have a quick snack when I get home from work, but didn't today, so I'm wondering if that caused a bit of a lack of energy. It certainly seemed so.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 240; Avg Heart Rate: 115; Max Heart Rate: 142.


WEDNESDAY - FEBRUARY 15, 2017 - P90X3 - Incinerator

Better than yesterday's effort, A bit short of last week in a few moves and a bit better in a couple others. The "diet" is starting to wear on me a bit, more mentally, but some physically.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 216; Avh Heart Rate: 115; Max Heart Rate: 150.


THURSDAY - FEBRUARY 16, 2017 - P90X3 - X3 Yoga

Early on I found myself doing the moves by muscle memory and I wasn't even listening to Tony. I was very relaxed and breathing nicely. I tried carrying the breathing throughout but found out the more I thought about it the less effective it was. I find I'm normally trying to be too perfect and trying too hard to relax that I end up holding my breath and becoming too rigid during the workout. I'll try carrying the relaxing aspects of it into the next time.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 107; Avg Heart Rate: 98; Max Heart Rate: 117.


FRIDAY - FEBRUARY 17, 2017 - P90X3 - Eccentric Lower

I used some heavier weights on a few of the moves, most notably using 50's on the Squats and the Sumo Squats. I had been using 25's until last week when I used 40's. I think I'm going to feel it a bit. My balance was about average for me, which is not good in general, but I tried. I still didn't get into a full side plank on the T-T's because I can't stay in it for any length of tome, but. overall, I was pleased.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 210; Avg Heart Rate: 112; Max Heart Rate: 138.


SATURDAY - FEBRUARY 18, 2017 - P90X3 - MMX

Pretty good. I wasn't feeling it going in, but did my best. I was keeping up with their reps until I got to the sprawls in round three, when I was moving a bit slower than they were. However, I kept going and did all the reps in the Burnout.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 340; Avg Heart Rate: 133; Max Heart Rate: 161.
(It seems the FitBit likes routines like this a lot more than strength routines when calculating calorie burn.)


SUNDAY - FEBRUARY - 19, 2017 - P90X3 - X3 Ab Ripper

I did the workout in the late afternoon, after eating like crap in the earlier part of the day. I thought it would affect my performance, but it didn't. The workout went well. Actually very well. I felt strong throughout, and didn't miss any reps or come out of any moves extra early.

Time: 15 minutes; Calories Burned: 66; Avg Heart Rate:98; Max Heart Rate: 123.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 198.4 (-0.8 lbs)
Body Fat: 22.5% (-0.1%)

Again, I was disappointed I didn't lose more, as I've been sticking to my daily calorie deficit. I was so bummed I ate a ton of cookies I bought a few weeks ago, just to finish them up and get them out of the house. I guess I could have just thrown them out, but where's the fun in that???


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I thought last week's workouts went a little better, but not by much. I've kept up the momentum I'm building. I got stupid this morning with the cookies and I'm pissed off at myself for that, but it's water under the bridge. I just need to recover and move forward. It's only one slip up.

No comments: