Monday, February 27, 2017

P90X3 - ROUND 5 - WEEK 9 - WEEK OF 02/27/17

MONDAY - FEBRUARY 27, 2017 - P90X3 - Total Synergistics

Not my favorite workout, but I did OK. I got in all of the Crawly Plyo Pushups but they tire me out quickly. I also got in all the Boat to Plow reps even though some were not pretty. Most of the other moves were business as usual. I just wasn't as gassed as usual, so I guess that's an improvement. I did take one small pause break just before the Glamour Hammer move, but that's usual for me. There are two weight moves right before it that really tire me for some reason.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 278; Avg Heart Rate: 125; Max Heart Rate: 152.


TUESDAY - FEBRUARY 28, 2017 - P90X3 - Agility X

I was feeling a bit sluggish and not real motivated going in. The workout was pretty much a reflection of that. There were times I tried to push myself and ramp it up, but there was just no gas in the tank today. Move on to tomorrow.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 274; Avh Heart Rate:121; Max Heart Rate: 154.


WEDNESDAY - MARCH 1, 2017 - P90X3 - The Challenge

My numbers today were 30 pushups and 7 pullups. I was originally going to go with 32+6, but decided to increase the pullup number because those are the ones that challenge me the most, and I've been getting a little better with them lately. I've also been "bonking" the last few days (no energy, so today I had a tuna sub from Subway along with a couple of their cookies. I realize it's not the greatest nutrition, but it's not an everyday thing anymore, and it definitely gave me a more energy. I hit my numbers each time, but did have to come off the pullup bar a few times, then get back up to finish. Once again, 7 doesn't seem like a big deal, but I really struggle with them, so any improvement is big for me.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 208; Avg Heart Rate: 114; Max Heart Rate: 144.


THURSDAY - MARCH 2. 2017 - P90X3 - X3 Yoga

Again, I wasn't relaxed and was trying too hard to be perfect. I was stumbling through many of the poses early on, especially the Half Moons. The Balance Poses were a little better, especially on my right leg. Crane was much better, and I was able to do the full Spinal Twists. Much of this I was unable to do on Week 1 of this roundm and haven't for the last several years.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 83; Avg Heart Rate: 97; Max Heart Rate: 114.


FRIDAY - MARCH 3, 2017 - P90X3 - CVX

I'm starting to stress eat a bit at work again. Nothing major, but I need to watch it. I've been doing really good with the eating the last six weeks, and I feel a million times better, so I'll be OK. It didn't seem to affect today's workout. I took a small nap when I got home, then did the workout, but I didn't feel sluggish at all. It's hard to say if I made big improvements aver previous attempts at this specific routine, but I dd do OK.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 312; Avg Heart Rate: 131; Max Heart Rate: 158.


SATURDAY - MARCH 4, 2017 - P90X3 - The Warrior

My initial thought was that I didn't do too well. Then after thinking about it I realized I probably did more todat than I'd ever done on this workout. I never hit the pause button. The only exercise I stopped short on was the Elevator Pushups, and that was only about 10 seconds short. I usually stop way before that. I got in six of the Super Burpees and did all the pushups involved there, even though they weren't all the way to the floor. It was still an improvement. I'm usually stopping all the time during the Fifer Scissor Twists, but not today. So overall, it was an improvement, but I there is still quite a bit of room for improvement on this one.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 245; Avg Heart Rate: 119; Max Heart Rate: 152.

    SECOND WORKOUT - P90X+ - Kenpo/Cardio Plus

I felt like doing this one again to burn off some energy at the end of the day. I got through it OK, but I did start to tire a few times, especially during The Gladiator. I finished it just before midnight. Maybe it wasn't such a great idea to do it so late.

Time: 41 minutes; Calories Burned: 400; Avg Heart Rate: 126; Max Heart Rate: 152.


SUNDAY - MARCH 5, 2017 - P90X3 - X3 Ab Ripper

Not much to say except that I'm doing this workout pretty much as they are on the video. The only thing I'm not doing yet is bringing my knees to my triceps in the Sphinx Crunches and not entending my legs fully on the last sets of the Speed Bikes. Something to try next time.

Time: 15 minutes; Calories Burned: 78; Avg Heart Rate: 108; Max Heart Rate: 127.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 195.4 (-1.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 21.8% (-0.3%)

That's seven straight weeks of losses. 12.0 lbs and 2.7% Body Fat lost over that time. I feel really good.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Things are continuing to go in the right direction. My eating isn't perfect yet, but I'm on the way. I'm doing more in my workouts than I'd done before, and that makes me feel really good too.

No comments: