Monday, February 6, 2017

P90X3 - ROUND 5 - WEEK 6 - WEEK OF 02/06/17

MONDAY - FEBRUARY 6, 2017 - P90X3 - Eccentric Upper

I was slipping a bit on the eating today for the first time in 3 weeks, but I'll catch myself. I felt the workout wasn't my best, but my numbers were a bit higher than usual, so maybe I'm getting better slowly but surely.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 228; Avg Heart Rate: 114; Max Heart Rate: 145.


TUESDAY - FEBRUARY 7, 2017 - P90X3 - Triometrics

Last week was the best I'd ever done on this workout. Today was close to that. I was going down lower than usual in my squats. I wasn't missing reps, etc. I even got through all the Slater Squats. I tried flipping mt FitBit band so the face was on the inside of my wrist to see if that increased my low calorie burn by better registering my heart rate. It increased it by about 10%.

Tome: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 283; Avg Heart Rate: 122; Max Heart Rate: 150.


WEDNESDAY - FEBRUARY 8, 2017 - P90X3 - Incinerator

The workouts have been going well lately, so I decided to push myself a bit on this one. I used 50 lbs on both the Rocket Launcher Rows and the "A" Presses. I got all the reps in without too many problems, but I did feel them. I also felt a lot stronger on all the other moves, even getting in 6 unassisted Pullups and Chinups without coming off the bar. It doesn't sound like a lot, but I really struggle with those.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 208; Avg Heart Rate: 133; Max Heart Rate: 144.


THURSDAY - FEBRUARY 9, 2017 - P90X3 - X3 Yoga

I'm getting more flexible. Today I was able to do the Seated Spinal Twist on both sides, and I was also able to get back into Camel. I haven't been able to do those moves in at least a year. Probably longer. Add in that I was able to get into Plow with my feet touching the floor last week for the first time in years, and did it again today, I'm quite happy. My balance was pretty good on my right foot. Still working on the left one, but with the progress I've been making the last few weeks, maybe there's a chance.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 93; Avg Heart Rate: 88; Max Heart Rate: 122.


FRIDAY - FEBRUARY 10, 2017 - P90X3 - Eccentric Lower

Trying to improve things, I upped my weight from 25's to 40's on the Squats and Sumo Squats with no problems. I tried getting my hip in the air on the Tony's TT's but couldn't do it, and also tried sitting on the Power Stands instead of the floor on the Hip Flexor Splits but couldn't do those either. Both give my something to shoot for next time.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 178; Avg Heart Rate: 105; Max Heart Rate: 138.


SATURDAY - FEBRUARY 11, 2017 - P90X3 - MMX

Another good workout. I'm starting to expect more out of myself with each workout. I didn't stop on any of the moves and only slowed down a bit once, on the second set of the scrambles. I even kept up throughout the entire Burnout which is rare for me. I'm very happy.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories burned: 320; Avg Heart Rate: 131; Max Heart Rate: 157.


SUNDAY - FEBRUARY 12, 2017 - P90X3 - X3 Ab Ripper

Didn't miss any reps or come out of any early, so it was a success. Feeling a bit sluggish today as the last few days I've caved and been eating some cookies.

Time: 15 minutes; Calories Burned: 82; Avg Heart Rate: 108; Max Heart Rate: 135.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 199.2 (-0.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 22.3 (-0.3%)

A bit disappointing on the weight number, as I've been keeping up with my daily calorie deficits. However I've snuck some sweets in the last few days which may have had an impact.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

The workouts continue to go very well, as I'm constantly improving bit by bit on each of them. Need to nip the sweets in the bud on the nutrition side.

No comments: