Monday, February 20, 2017

P90X3 - ROUND 5 - WEEK 8 - WEEK OF 02/20/17

MONDAY - FEBRUARY 20, 2017 - P90X3 - Isomterix

So, I recovered from yesterday's cookie debacle. I wan't sure how I'd do on this one, because the last few times I did it I couldn't hold any of the moves for any length of time. From the first move today, it just seemed a lot easier. I held most of the floor moves for the full 45 seconds. I simply can't do the Bound pose on one leg yet, but I kept trying. On the standing moves, I was pretty good on my right leg and horrible on my left leg, but again, I kept trying. I'll give myself a pat on the back today.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 128; Avg Heart Rate: 102; Max Heart Rate: 124.


TUESDAY - FEBRUARY 21, 2017 - P90X3 - Dynamix

Not much to say. This isn't a real tough one, as it's mostly moving stretches. There is only one 7 move sequence in the routine that will get you sweating a bit, and I got through that OK. Sometimes it tires me a bit, so I guess that's an improvement. Ate a lot in the evening and went way over my calories limit. Some of it was hunger, and some was stress eating from going over my limit in the first place. That's messed up thinking. Need to watch that.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 126; Avg Heart Rate: 101; Max Heart Rate: 124.


WEDNESDAY - FEBRUARY 22, 2017 - P90X3 - Accelerator

I went though the entire workout without pausing, stopping, going to my knees, etc. I never used to be able to do that. There were times I was moving a bit slower than they were, but it's still an accomplishment for me. That's two pat's on the back for me this week.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 291; Avg Heart Rate: 125; Max Heart Rate: 149.


THURSDAY - FEBRUARY 23, 2017 - P90X3 - Pilates X

I got all the reps in, which I usually don't. I held some of the side plank moves, which I also usually don't. Those are the improvements. My form on a lot of the moves is poor, because my body doesn't always move that way, but that's the next goal for improvement. I still don't have the breathing down either, but will work at it.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 91; Avg Heart Rate: 93; Max Heart Rate: 121.


          **SECOND WORKOUT - P90X+ - Kenpo Cardio Plus

I've been thinking of pulling this one out lately to burn a few more calories on some of the lighter workout days. I got barely no burn from Pilates X tonight, so a little before 10pm I decided to do it. It's always been one of my favorites. When I checked my workout log book I saw I hadn't done it since June 2013 during my Hybrid. It took me a few minutes to get used to the quietness of the set on the video, as there was only Tony, Tracy Morrow, and Mark Briggs. I've been used to more people on the workouts lately. However, things came back to me quickly. While it doesn't seem like it's an excessively hard routine, you do work up quite a sweat because you are moving constantly during the meat of the workout. I was getting tired near the end. I enjoyed the workout a lot and burned a good number of calories. I think I'll do it again soon.

Time: 41 minutes; Calories Burned: 413; Avg Heart Rate: 127; Max Heart Rate: 154.


FRIDAY - FEBRUARY 24, 2017 - P90X3 - Decelerator

I don't think I did as well as last time, but I still did OK. I didn't use my wrist support / pullup gloves and I think it made a bit of a difference on the pullups. Most of the other moves I kept pace with last month. This is a tough workout for me, so the fact that I got through it without any breaks is a winner for me.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 269; Avg Heart Rate: 121; Max Heart Rate: 147.


SATURDAY - FEBRUARY 25, 2017 - P90X3 - X3 Yoga

For some reason I was sweating like crazy during this one. My balance was OK on my right leg, not so much on my left. I tried to concentrate on breathing and relaxing early on, but it didn't work as well as last week, and I quickly got back into the habit of being to rigid in the poses.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 130; Avg Heart Rate: 102; Max Heart Rate: 122.


SUNDAY - FEBRUARY 26, 2017 - Rest 


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 196.6 (-1.8 lbs)
Body Fat: 22.1% (-0.4%)

Both are great numbers. I'm happy things are consistently going in the right direction.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I'm happy with the weight and body fat numbers. I'm working at it. Some of the workouts went very well and the bonus Kenpo/Cardio+ routine I did on Thursday was a treat.



No comments: