Monday, March 13, 2017

P90X3 - ROUND 5 - WEEK 11 - WEEK OF 03/13/17

MONDAY - MARCH 13, 2017 - P90X3 - Complex Upper

The next two weeks will be the Elite DVD's, Complex Upper and Complex Lower. I'll be doing each two times each week. Today I did OK. I went a bit faster than they did. I can't do as many pullups as they can, but I definitely feel myself getting stronger with them. The X Plyo Pushups were a bit ugly, but I did my best. I used 15 lb weights on the Lunge Thrust Presses which tired me a bit. There's definitely room for improvement and growth, but overall I'm somewhat pleased with what I did for today.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 264; Avg Heart Rate: 122; Max Heart Rate: 151.


TUESDAY - MARCH 14, 2017 - P90X3 - Complex Lower

On paper, this one doesn't look too tough, but I always work up a sweat. Maybe because there's no down time and you're always moving. I used 20 lb weights on the Knee Drops and DS Double L moves and 10's on the Bounding Split Squats, though those were ugly because I don't have the coordination down. I only did two hops on the Speed Skaters as I wasn't feeling coordinated on those either. Otherwise it went OK.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 238; Avg Heart Rate: 115; Max Heart Rate: 147.


WEDNESDAY - MARCH 15, 2017 - P90X3 - X3 Yoga

I'm a bit sore from the last two days, and I did a bit of snow shoveling today, so I was glad it was a yoga day to stretch out a bit. My balance wasn't great, but my flexibility was OK. Nothing too exciting. I'm still holding my breath too much trying to make things perfect, when I should be relaxing on some of these moves. Something to work on.

Time: 30 minutes: Calories Burned: 133; Avg Heart Rate: 105; Max Heart Rate: 125.


THURSDAY - MARCH 16, 2017 - P90X3 - Complex Upper

I was dreading this one a bit all day long. I'm still a bit sore and didn't know how I'd get through it, even though I knew I would. I didn't wait too long after I got home from work to get it done. As I do with The Challenge. I go a bit faster than they do on the DVD. For some reason I feel if I'm waiting too long between moves, my muscles will cool down and I won't be able to do as much. I finished five full sets in the time it took them to do four, so I just rested during the 2+ minute burnout round. I wasn't doing as many pullups as they were, but I did do more than on Monday, and I was also much better on the press lunges. This is a tough workout and I'm feeling good about what I'm able to do.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 262; Avg Heart Rate: 122; Max Heart Rate: 150.


FRIDAY - MARCH 17, 2017 - P90X3 - Complex Lower

I upped my weight from 20's to 25's on the Knee Drops and the DS Double L's. I was going to wait until next week to do it, but thought I'd try it out on the first round and see how it went. It well well, I think I actually did better with the heavier weights. I'm still uncoordinated on the Bounders so I just stayed in place, but jumped higher. That seemed to work well too, I increased my hops from 2 to 3 on the Speed Skaters. The Stabilizer moves seemed much easier too. I'm feeling really good afterwards. Only bummer is that I ate a tuna sub for lunch because everyone else was ordering one, even though I'd brought a salad, and didn't really want the sub. Used up most of my calories for the day and the salad would have been healthier. Oh, well. Move on and think twice about it next time.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 256; Avg Heart Rate: 118; Max Heart Rate: 154.


SATURDAY - MARCH 18, 2017 - P90X3 - Pilates X

Although I wasn't feeling it, I think this was the best I've ever done on this routine. There were only a few moves I didn't do as they did, and those were the Tony's T's and Clam Killer, as I was on my hip and not in full side plank. I was pretty coordinated on the moves where you roll on your back and up into different poses. I've never been that consistent with those before. I was better with my breathing too.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 132; Avg Heart Rate: 102; Max Heart Rate: 136.


SUNDAY - MARCH 19, 2017 - P90X3 - X3 Ab Ripper

Once again, I did well on it, completing all the moves.

Time: 15 minutes; Calories Burned: 88; Avg Heart Rate: 104; Max Heart Rate:134.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 193.6 (-1.8 lbs)
Body Fat: 21.4% (-0.3 %)

Both are good numbers. I'm happy with them.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

This week were the Elite (Complex) workouts and I thought I did quite well with them. Certainly not perfect, especially on Complex Upper, but I am improving in areas and I certainly feel a lot more athletic and fit.

No comments: