Monday, March 27, 2017

P90X3 - ROUND 5 - WEEK 13 - WEEK OF 03/27/17

MONDAY - MARCH 27, 2017 - P90X3 - Isometrix

The workout flew by today. I don't think I dd as well as I did last time. My balance stunk on me left leg and I didn't hold most of the plank moves the entire 45 seconds.

Tome: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 126;  Avg Heart Rate: 102; Max Heart Rate: 136.


TUESDAY - MARCH 28, 2017 - P90X3 - Accelerator

I've modified the official P90X3 schedule a bit to make it a bit like the original P90X. This is the Recovery Week, so I had Dynamix scheduled for today, Accelarator for tomorrow, Decelerator for Friday. In the original "X" the harder Core Synergistics is on Tuesday and Friday, so I'd been wondering if Accelerator should be on Tuesday, but just never made the change. Today I was set to do Dynamix, and eve had the disc in the DVD player. I went to log my workout on the website and the default schedule had Accelerator schedule. I looked upon that as a sign to test the change I'd been considering, so I did Accelerator. It worked out well, and I think it'll be a permanent schedule change. I think I did OK on the workout itself. I may have done a few less reps on a few of the moves, but I never hit pause or even stopped mid-move to catch my breath. I wasn't able to do that until last month.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 295; Avg Heart Rate: 127; Max Heart Rate: 153.


WEDNESDAY - MARCH 29, 2017 - P90X3 - Dynamix

I'm glad I got Accelerator out of the way yesterday, as I was needing something a bit lighter today. Although it doesn't appear to be very intense, and probably isn't, I do work up a sweat.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 158; Avg Heart Rate: 104; Max Heart Rate: 128.


THURSDAY - MARCH 30, 2017 - P90X3 - Pilates X

I don't know if I'm just getting used to this routine, or what it was, but today was by far my best effort at it. I was inhaling and exhaling more consistently when I was supposed to, and was nailing the moves where you roll back and then forward into different positions. It wasn't perfect by any means, but I'm very happy with the progress I've made with it.

Time: 30 Minutes; Calories Burned: 94; Avg Heart Rate: 95; Max Heart Rate: 119.


FRIDAY - MARCH 31, 2017 - P90X3 - Decelerator

I woke up very early today and couldn't get back to sleep. I knew I had this workout to get in today, the last "hard" workout of the round, and it's not my favorite. I was dreading knowing I'd have to do it when I got home tonight. The thought crossed my mind: "why not do it now and get it over with? ". So, I did. At 6:00 this morning. I wish I could say it was my best effort at it, but it wasn't. I was stumbling with my balance through most of the workout, and my strength, energy, and concentration were real low, probably because I didn't eat anything beforehand. A bit of a lesson learned, but I got it done.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 234; Avg Heart Rate: 112; Max Heart Rate: 137.


SATURDAY - APRIL 1, 2017 - P90X3 - X3 Yoga

Last workout of the round.I got it done mid-morning. My balance wasn't that great once again, especially on my left leg. My flexibility is night and day better from Week 1. Today I was able to grab my right ankle with my left hand in Dog Dancer, which is the first time I've done that in years. Overall, it was am OK, but not outstanding workout. I guess I'm just setting my expectation higher than what they used to be, which is a good thing. As I said, I've come a long way since Week 1.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 110: Avg Heart Rate: 100; Max Heart Rate: 118.


SUNDAY - APRIL 2, 2017 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 193.2 (+1.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 20.8% (-0.2%)

This is the first weight gain I've had in 11 weeks. I'm not sure where it came from, but for some reason I had a gut feeling it was going to happen. The decrease in body fat is a positive, though.

Overall, I lost exactly 13 lbs and 3.7% Body Fat over the 13 week program. I'm very happy about that.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Of course I'm not happy about the weight gain this week, but I'm continuing to do what I've been doing. I liked swapping the Accelerator and Dynamix days as it gave me more of a physical break in the middle of the week. Doing Decelerator at 6am on Friday wasn't a complete success, but all were learning experiences.


THOUGHTS ON THE ROUND

The big thing was I finally stuck to an eating plan, which was simply eat 500 less calories a day than what I burned. I started it in week 3, stuck to it, and it worked. Nutritional value of what I ate wasn't factored in. That's the next step. I now know what's needed. The workouts went very well. As the weight was coming off I found I was able to do things I couldn't do before. This was especially noticeable in my flexibility in Yoga and Pilates routines. My stamina also increased a bit. For example, I'm able to do all the Crawly Plyo Pushups. My pullups got better. There are still many areas I can get better at, but overall this 13 weeks was the best of done in years. Again, I'm very happy at what I accomplished.

What's next?  I'll probably take 2 weeks off from doing an official program. I'm not sure which one I'll do next, but I might take another whack at P90X3. I really like it.

No comments: