Monday, March 20, 2017

P90X3 - ROUND 5 - WEEK 12 - WEEK OF 03/20/17

MONDAY - MARCH 20, 2017 - P90X3 - Complex Upper

I wasn't looking forward to this one today. In fact, I wasn't looking forward to it since yesterday. I had my morning Shakeology and my salad for lunch, which usually satisfy me, but for some reason I was starving after my salad. When I got home I relaxed for a bit, but wanted to get the workout over with, so I went right at it, even though I wasn't mentally ready. I had half a spoonful of peanut butter to give me a little energy before I started. The workout went OK. I want to say it wasn't as good as last Thursday's, but that's not entirely true, as a did a bunch more pullups than last week. I struggled a bit more on the split lunges, but I was holding the weights facing forward like Sean was instead of sideways like I had been. This small adjustment seemed to make the move tougher for some reason. Again, I went faster than they did on the video, and was finishing a fifth full round of the moves as they were finishing their fourth. My goal was to get a round ahead so I could do the very slow set of Push Up Bird Dog Crunches as they were doing them. By the time they got to the fourth push up I went to my knees in exhaustion. I then finished off the last eight at regular speed. I was a bit disappointed I couldn't finish them as they did, but it was still a good workout.

Time: 30 minutes: Calories Burned: 268; Avg Heart Rate: 122; Max Heart Rate: 146.


TUESDAY - MARCH 21, 2017 - P90X3 - Complex Lower

I just finished this thing and I'm drenched in sweat. I used 25's on the Knee Drops and DS Double L's and 10's on the Bounding Squats, even though on those I again went up farther instead of forward and back. My balance is getting a little better on the Knee Drops as I bringing my free leg behind my standing one instead of letting it swing out. Little things like that can help.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 268; Avg Heart Rate: 116; Max Heart Rate: 155.


WEDNESDAY - MARCH 22, 2017 - P90X3 - X3 Yoga

I bought some toe spacers, which look like little plastic brass knuckles. You place them between yor toes to spread them out, giving you a larger platform to balance on, After years of wearing shoes that might be a little tight in the toe area, my toes had squished themselves together, and I'd formed a bunion on my left foot, which I'm sure wasn't helping my balance. These things felt really comfortable, and I really noticed I ha better balance early on. Whether this was just false confidence or not, I don't know, but it certainly felt good. By the time I got to the Balance Postures however, I started doubting myself again and couldn't balance too well n my left leg again, as usual. I'm going to give them a chance, though. It can't hurt.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 120; Avg Heart Rate: 100; Max Heart Rate: 119.


THURSDAY - MARCH 23, 2017 - P90X3 - Complex Upper

The last few times I'd gone 5 full rounds through the moves because I was going faster than they were. Part of that is I'm not able to do the full 12 pullups in each set and I want to keep moving, not sitting around. Today I was thinking of slowing it down and going at their pace and doing the extra half bonus round that they did. It wasn't long before I found myself going faster and I figured I'd end up doing the full five rounds again. I finished Round 5 while they were still finishing round 4, so I decided to do a full 6th round. I got it in, but it was ugly. By that time I was only able to get in 3 or 4 pullups each time, and I wasn't going real low on the Bird Dog Pushups. So, while saying I got in 6 rounds sounds good, it may not have been 6 great rounds. But as Tony says at the beginning, I showed up, and I finished the full 30 minutes.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 283; Avg Heart Rate: 125; Max Heart Rate: 151.


FRIDAY - MARCH 24, 2017 - P90X3 - Complex Lower

I used the toe spacers for the first three rounds to see if my balance would be improved, but it wasn't noticeable, probably because I was constantly moving. They started sliding off, so I took them off for the fourth round. Again, no noticeable difference. I used 25's and 10's again, as I have been. It wnt well. Not much to say.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 269; Avg Heart Rate: 116; Max Heart Rate: 155.


SATURDAY - MARCH 25, 2017 - P90X3 - Pilates X

Not much to say. I did pretty well, comparable to last week when I kept of with all the reps and was able to perform most of them. Some were uglier than others, but I'm not as flexible as Stephanie or Shawna, either.

Time: 30 minites; Calories Burned: 130; Avg Heart Rate: 101; Max Heart Rate: 133.


SUNDAY - MARCH 26, 2017 - P90X3 - X3 Ab Ripper

Got through it OK, but for some reason I was losing my balance a bit on the Hip Drop move. I've never had a problem with it before, so I don't know what is was. Maybe I was rushing it. Otherwise, it felt good.

Time: 15 minutes; Calories Burned: 78; Avg Heart Rate: 100; Max Heart Rate: 130.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 192.0 (-1.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 21.0% (-0.4%)

Once again, both are good numbers. I'm working at it.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

The two Elite / Complex workouts are tough, but I like them. I can really feel the soreness, specially on the Complex Upper workout. I'm doing more pullups than ever, and I can feel it in my back. Weight loss is going well and I'm very happy I've finally found something I'm sticking to. I'm doing things in these workouts I haven't done in years.

No comments: