Monday, April 10, 2017

WEEK OF 04/10/2017 - INSANITY: MAX 30 SAMPLING

MONDAY - APRIL 10, 2017 - INSANITY: MAX 30 - Tabata Strength

I'm continuing to challenge myself with these Max 30 workouts, and was actually looking forward to it today. I got through it OK. I tired on the pushups after a while and wasn't going very deep on them during the last set. The ones that did me in were holding the Diamond Pushups in the low position. That's a killer move.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 298; Avg Heart Rate: 128; Max Heart Rate: 151.


TUESDAY - APRIL 11, 2017 - INSANITY: MAX 30 - Friday Night Fight Round 1

This wasn't too bad. I was certainly sucking wind though. I made it about 17 minutes in. Then he announced the Burpee Lunges and I went to my knees for a few seconds. I got back up and did the best I could, but took multiple 5 second breaks after that. Overall, I was happy with it. Except for the stretch workout, "Pulse", this was the end of what are the Month 1 workouts. I'm not sure what I'll do tomorrow. I might do another 3 weeks of what I just did, or just do one week of the Month 2 workouts. I never got to them two years ago. I'm trying to decide if I want to do the full two months of the program, or just use these two weeks as maintenance before I jump into something else. I'm not sure I want to go two months without some type of strength training.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 337; Avg Heart Rate: 131; Max Heart Rate: 150.


WEDNESDAY - APRIL 12, 2017 - INSANITY: MAX 30 - Max Out Cardio

This was the first of the Max 30 "second month" workouts. I'd never done it before and was thinking it would probably be a lot harder than the month one workouts. I didn't find that to be the case. They did add a 1 minute "power move" to the end of each set, but there were less sets, so it kind of evened things out. It was still 30 minutes. None of the moves were exceptionally hard, but I'll admit I wasn't going too low on the oblique pushups near the end. Once again, I was rather pleased with myself.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 326; Avg Heart Rate: 132; Max Heart Rate: 158.


THURSDAY - APRIL 13, 2017 - INSANITY: MAX 30 - Max Out Power

Well, that sucked!!! I was pretty sure there was going to be some pushups in this one, but I wasn't expecting an entire 6 minute set of plyo pushups. As I've stated before, I am very, very weak at upper body explosive moves. I was totally humbled on that set. I could barely get down low on an ordinary pushup, let alone going down deep and exploding up so my hands would come off the floor. Early on I was using my legs to help me get up a bit, then I tried simple pushups with no explosion, then I went to my knees where I could at least get my hands up off the floor a bit when I came up. To make matters worse he started throwing burpees and split lunges into the equation later on. Not good. However, aside from one set of pushups, where I just totally gave up in frustration for about 30 seconds, I did my best.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 232; Avg Heart Rate: 113; Max Heart Rate: 144.


FRIDAY - APRIL 14, 2017 - INSANITY: MAX 30 - Max Out Sweat

I previewed this online by checking out some YouTube videos, and one of them said it was hard, so I was prepared a bit by knowing that. I didn't have too many problems, except for the several moves that required going into plank with only one hand on the floor. I felt unstable and uncoordinated doing those moves and went very slow. The rest of the moves I didn't have too many problems doing, but I was gassed. I "Maxed Out" around the 18 minute area, but admit I was going slower than they were a lot of the time. I feel good afterwards. I'm actually looking forward to doing these Max 30 workouts each day because I'm doing better than I thought I would, and again, they do make me feel good, but I'm thinking I might get bored with them over 2 months.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 315; Avg Heart Rate: 130; Max Heart Rate: 153.


SATURDAY - APRIL 15, 2017 - INSANITY: MAX 30 - Max Out Strength

I got this one done mid-morning. I'd heard there were a bunch of pushups in it, which I've been struggling with a few times, but at the same time I was looking forward to challenging myself. When the second set, all pushups, was over I felt relieved. I struggled a bit with some of them, but did better than I had been. Then comes round four. More pushups! Ouch! But I sucked it up and got through it the best I could, even though I crashed a few times doing the low pulses and holding the low planks. Not perfect by any means, but I did feel some satisfaction with feeling a bit stronger on the pushups.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 257; Avg Heart Rate: 120; Max Heart Rate: 142.

     SECOND WORKOUT - INSANITY: MAX 30 - Friday Fight - Round 2

This is the last workout in the Month 2 Max 30 schedule, and the only one I hadn't done yet. I didn't want to do it tomorrow because I leave Sundays to rest my body a bit, and I didn't want to leave it until Monday because I might start a new round of something. I also ate a few extra calories yesterday, so I figured I could get this one in today. Everything I'd seen and read pointed to this one being one of the toughest workouts out there, no matter the program, but once again, I was looking forward to the challenge. None of the moves were excessively hard, but each move is a continuous 60 seconds, and there are only two 30 second water breaks in the entire workout, one at 15 minutes, and the other at 25 minutes, Early on, my legs were dead from the beating they've taken the last few days. Officially, I maxed out around 7:30, but the longer the workout went, the more breaks I was taking. I tried getting back into things as quickly as I could, but sometimes that didn't last too long. This is definitely a tough workout, but one I think I could get much better at the more I do it. I remember it took me a long time to get through P90X+ Interval X, P90X3 Accelerator, and P90X Plyometrics without taking breaks, but once I did, I can now do it consistently. This is in the same boat. It just may take a while.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 331; Avg Heart Rate: 133; Max Heart Rate: 159.


SUNDAY - APRIL 16, 2017 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 189.8 (-1.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 20.4% (-0.1%)

First time I've been in the 180's in years. Makes me feel good.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I actually enjoyed the Max 30 workouts and what I was able to do with them. I feel good.

No comments: