Tuesday, July 18, 2017

WEEK OF 07/17/2017 - P90X3 - ROUND 6 - WEEK 1

Back at it. It was a two week break since I finished Max 30. I've been eating poorly the last two months or so, undoing a lot of the good I did since the beginning of the year. Last week I put on 3 lbs, am starting to feel it, and decided enough was enough. I want to go back to the calorie plan I'd been using earlier in the year. I think I also need to concentrate on eating better calories. I was going to give myself another week break with the workouts but decided to jump right into it again. I wasn't sure which program I wanted to do, but it came down to: 22 Minute Hard Corp, which I have, but have never done, Body Beast, Hammer and Chisel, or P90X3. I could be wrong, but 22 minutes doesn't seem like enough of a workout to me, at least mentally, so I decided against that. I don't think Body Beast made me that much stronger when I did it before, so I decided against that, and I didn't want to listen to Autumn in Hammer and Chisel, so I decided to do another round of P90X3. It seems to be my go to program lately. I'll get back to the others at some point, and if I'd waited another week, I might have made a different choice, but this is how I felt today.

My starting Weight: 195.4
My starting Body Fat: 21.6%


MONDAY - JULY 17, 2017 - P90X3 - Total Synergistics

This one has a few moves in it that just wear me out, most notably the Crawly Crab Pushups. Surprisingly, I got them all in. I think I'm still in OK shape from doing Max 30, even with the two week break. I don't think I hit the pause button at all, even though I usually do at some point during this workout. I even used a 50 lb weight on the Releve' Squats. I always used to use 25 lbs, but the 50 was sitting there, so I though why not. No problems with it. I think it actually made the exercise easier because it kept me down and wobbling while on my toes. All in all, I felt pretty good during the workout.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 234; Avg Heart Rate: 125; Max Heart Rate: 143.


TUESDAY - JULY 18, 2017 - P90X3 - Agility X

The first half of this workout is a piece of cake. The second half is a bit tougher, and by the time I get the the Plyo Pushups at the end, I'm toast. I did OK on most of the moves, except for the Joel Jumps, because I can't balance, and the 3/4 Run, because I can't move that fast and give up with about 13 seconds left. I try to get past that point every time I do this thing, but he's yelling direction changes so fast, I just get frustrated and give up. I did, however, get in a few Plyo Pushups at the end, which I normally don;t do.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 269; Avg Heart Rate: 123; Max Heart Rate: 146.


WEDNESDAY - JULY 19, 2017 - P90X3 - The Challenge

My numbers were 25 pushups and 5 pullups. I had no problems with any of the pushups. I thought I'd be OK on the pullups, even though I hadn't done any in over 3 months, but I was wrong. I only did a couple sets of 5 without coming off the bar. The rest I was doing three, then one, then one, or something similar to that. I've always struggled with pullups, but today was a real struggle, Hopefully, I'll get better as I get more into the program. I also wonder why I can't do better at them. Is it grip strength, weak back, or just poor form. Also, just a mention on the Fit Bit Heart Rate Numbers. I just did over 200 pushups and 40 pullups in 30 minutes, and I only burned 188 calories? Something doesn't seem right.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 188; Avg Heart Rate: 133; Max Heart Rate:147.


THURSDAY - JULY 20, 2017 - P90X3 - X3 Yoga

I had bought a new yoga mat last week, so I was a bit anxious to try it. I'd always used a regular mat for yoga. It was a bit different, but not too much. The workout went OK. I was a bit rusty and not as flexible as I was a few months ago, but still not too bad. My balance postures still weren't great. After nine years of doing this, I sometimes think it's just magically going to "click in" one day, but that never happens. Why is that? Same thought as with the pullups from yesterday.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 70; Avg Heart Rate: 93; Max Heart Rate: 127.


FRIDAY - JULY 21, 2017 - P90X3 - CVX

One of the reasons I write here is to express how I'm actually feeling. Right now, it's not good. I'm not happy with myself at all. My weight has been going up the past several weeks because I haven't been eating well, or sticking to my calorie count. It came to a head last weekend, so I decided to get back to the plan this week, along with starting this workout program. Yesterday, I pretty much just gave up on myself and went way over my calorie limit. Instead of writing it off as a bad day and regrouping, I ate three donuts this morning, two large cookies with my lunch, and an ice cream sandwich when I got home. Everything is recoverable, but I'm just feeling really disappointed in myself and feeling like all this effort doesn't matter. To top it off, my air conditioner broke the other day right in the middle of a humid streak we're having. I don't deal well with heat and humidity, so it's making me very irritable, as I feel like I can't escape it. Yes, I'm whining. There's people in a lot worse situations than I am right now. I realize that. Being without a/c isn't a big deal in any sense. I'm just feeling sorry for myself, which is just plain pathetic. I didn't feel like doing this workout today. I was feeling sluggish because of my eating, irritable because of the heat, and generally depressed, angry and unmotivated. The workout was horrible. On an intensity scale of 1 to 10, it was a three or a four. I was quitting on some of the moves, even the easier ones, simply because I didn't feel like doing them. On other ones, I was convincing myself I didn't have the energy to do them. Just bad, overall. I'll bounce back, but I have to find my reason again. As it stands right now, I'm doing all this because I feel I should be, not because I want to. That's not good.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 286; Avg Heart Rate 129; Max Heart Rate: 148.


SATURDAY - JULY 22, 2017 - P90X3 - The Warrior

Another poor effort. I was lethargic, didn't want to do it. but went through the motions to get it done. So that's a positive. I could have just blown it off, but I don't do that. I'm going to try and relax and regroup over the next few days to get my mind right.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 219; Avg Heart Rate: 118; Max Heart Rate: 145.


SUNDAY - JULY 23, 2017 - P90X3 - X3 Ab Ripper

I did OK. Got through the Speed Bikes without coming out of it.

Time: 15 minutes; Calories Burned: 66; Avg Heart Rate: 108; Max Heart Rate: 128.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 194.4 (-1.0 lb)
Body Fat: 21.2 % (0.4%)

Shocking! I figured I'd have put on at least three lbs. But, it gives me some motivation.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I think I could have used another week or two of rest. I'm feeling like I jumped into this before I was mentally ready. Sometimes people never get mentally ready and will put things off forever, but I know myself, and would have gotten back into it at some point. I ate like crap, got myself depreseed, but got through it.

No comments: