Monday, July 31, 2017

WEEK OF 07/31/2017 - P90X3 - ROUND 6 - WEEK 3

MONDAY - JULY 31, 2017 - P90X3 - Total Synergistics

I thought about taking a week off to regroup mentally. I'm totally unfocused, especially on the nutrition part. When I got home, I decided to slow down my thoughts and tough it out. With that attitude, the workout actually went OK. I just took it one move at a time. They weren't all perfect, but I felt better doing it. Now, to conquer the nutrition.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 248; Avg Heart Rate: 125; Max Heart Rate: 150.


TUESDAY - AUGUST 1, 2017 - P90X3 - Agility X

Once again, I just took it one move at a time. I also didn't put down any targets. The workout just seemed to flow a lot smoother. I even got a few plyo pushups in at the end.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 265; Avg Heart Rate: 108; Max Heart Rate: 148.


WEDNESDAY - AUGUST 2, 2017 - P90X3 - The Challenge

I picked 20 pushups and 4 pullups again, the same as last week. The idea again was to do them slow, and use a bigger range of motion than trying to rush through them with little range of motion. Last week I almost got all the sets of pullups in without coming off the var. Today, I didn't raise that number because I wanted to totally conquer 4 before I moved up to more. I did all sets today without coming off the bar, so that's good. Even though I picked 20 as my pushup number, I did 25 on the first set because I was feeling OK, and they were slower and controlled. I then did 25 on each set afterwards. I never went to my knees, but there were many mid-set breaks. All in all, a good workout.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 175; Avg Heart Rate: 111; Max Heart Rate: 138.


THURSDAY - AUGUST 3, 2017 - P90X3 - X3 Yoga

I started this a bit later than usual, because I got home later tonight. I tried to relax and take it one step at a time, as I had been with the other workouts lately, but it didn't work as well. It was really humid and I was sweating more than usual, so I was a bit uncomfortable and not concentrating as much as I should have. Still, it wasn't that bad. My balance still isn't good, but I keep trying.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 123; Avg Heart Rate: 106; Max Heart Rate:126.


FRIDAY - AUGUST 4, 2017 - P90X3 - CVX

I played golf this morning, so mt legs were a bit sore. It's super humid in the house and hard to stay cool, so I really wasn't looking forward to this workout. I pulled out the 8 lb medicine ball I usually use for this routine, then decided I'd distract myself from the soreness and heat by trying something new, so I decided to use a 10 lb dumbbell instead of the ball. The first move, the Press Jacks, are always tough for me, so I actually stopped a few times during the move to catch me breath. The March and Reaches were also killers for me. The second time through on the Press Jacks I started with a 5 lb weight for a few seconds, then went back to the 10, and did all the other moves with that weight. I even help a weight on the towel hops to change things up further. By the third set of moves my shoulders were really burning, but I finished it up. My energy and range of motion wasn't always there, but I made a sorry situation a little better by being a bid creative. One other thing that's happening that I should mention: I've always struggled with the nutrition aspect of this whole lifestyle. I don't cook as much as I should, so I wind up grabbing something fast, which is usually a worse choice. The heat is making me cook even less, so I'm really struggling with that. I need to get creative with that too, and nip the bad choices in the bud.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 262; Avg Heart Rate: 124; Max Heart Rate: 146.


SATURDAY - AUGUST 5, 2017 - P90X3 - The Warrior

Good news is that the weather broke. The hot, humid weather has been replaced with some nice cool breezes. I'm still felling sluggish from the poor eating and my legs still feel a bit heavy, so I was putting this one off as long as I could today. I finally got it done in the early evening. I started off slow, but picked up the intensity as it went along, so that made me feel good. I need to eat better. One thing I have been noticing: This morning I had some cereal with milk (1%) on it. It really made me crash. I don't drink a lot of milk, usually only on cereal and not something I always have in the house. I might buy a box of cereal once a month. Because I don't use it everyday, it's not something I think about often, but I've often wondered if I was lactose intolerant. I know I'm feeling a lot more sluggish than usual today. I'll see how I feel next time I drink it.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 203; Avg Heart Rate: 115; Max Heart Rate: 138.


SUNDAY - AUGUST 6, 2017 - P90X3 - X3 Ab Ripper

I got it done early. No problems. Didn't come of any of the moves. I can really feel it in my abs.

Time: 15 minutes; Calories Burned: 48; Avg Heart Rate: 94; Max Heart Rate: 128


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 196.6 (+1.8 lbs)
Body Fat: 21.7% (+0.3%)

No control over what I'm eating. Stress eating. Basically, an "I don't care" attitude.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I'm not sure what to say. The vicious circle is in full swing. I'm eating bad because I'm stressed and depressed because I'm eating bad. I need to find my "purpose" again.

No comments: