Monday, September 11, 2017

WEEK OF 09/11/2017 - P90X3 - ROUND 6 - WEEK 9

MONDAY - SEPTEMBER 11, 2017 - P90X3 - Total Synergistics

I'm really feeling mentally discouraged and pissed off at myself after yesterday's weigh-in. I went into work today hoping to slow things down mentally and get back on track, but after 15 minutes I was stressed out again. I'm really feeling like crap and I just compounded it today at work. I decided to take a vacation day tomorrow to play some golf. I just need a mental re-adjustment. Today's workout was a bit of a surprise, as I wasn't feeling defeated throughout it. I was actually trying hard, even though I struggled on a lot of the moves (pullups, half-moons).

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 250; Avg Heart Rate: 121; Max Heart Rate: 149.


TUESDAY - SEPTEMBER 12, 2017 - P90X3 - Agility X

This should be one of my favorite workouts, but it's not. There's a lot of foot coordination and balance involved, neither on which I have, so there's a lot of moves I struggle with. Joel Jumps are almost impossible for me. I try moving front and back on them, but I constantly lose my balance, and there's no way I can bend and out my hand on the floor. I just do the best I can.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 262; Avg Heart Rate: 121; Max Heart Rate: 144.


WEDNESDAY - SEPTEMBER 13, 2017 - P90X3 - The Challenge

I picked lower numbers again, 20 pushups and 4 pullups, wanting to concentrate on good form rather than speed. I tried something different on the pullups bu curling my wrist a bit further on the bar. This allowed me to pull more, instead of relying so much on my fingers gripping the bar. It worked very well. I got all the pullups in without coming off the bar, and I felt stronger on them, even doing the wide ones. The pushups were a different story. For some reason they were tiring me out real quick. I had to pause several times during each set, but I git them all in. As per usual with this workout, I went at a faster pace than they did, taking smaller breaks between each move. I finished the four sets while they were finishing up the third. Because I was wondering if the 20 pushup sets were too low, I did 10 more pushups of each kind while they were finishing up the fourth set. I got 10 sets done in the burnout round, as I usually do. Overall, it was a good workout. I'm pleased, but still wondering a bit about why the pushups were so hard..

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 190; Avg Heart Rate: 115; Max Heart Rate: 144.


THURSDAY - SEPTEMBER 14, 2017 - P90X3 - X3 Yoga

My balance was really bad, and my flexibility was really bad. However, my attitude wasn't real bad. So, it wasn't a great workout, but it could have been worse.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 127; Avg Heart Rate: 106; Max Heart Rate: 125.


FRIDAY - SEPTEMBER 15, 2017 - P90X3 - CVX

The workout went OK. I used an 8 lb medicine ball as my weight. I tired and stopped for a few seconds on a few of the moves (Press Jacks), but got through the others with no problems. On the first set of the Crescent Chairs I didn't use a weight because my shoulders were burning, but I kept losing my balance. I used the ball on the second set and got most of them in.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 276; Avg Heart Rate: 126; Max Heart Rate: 148.


SATURDAY - SEPTEMBER 16, 2017 - P90X3 - The Warrior

As I've said before, this one wears me out quickly, and I don't like a of of the moves. I did better than usual. I tried to push through areas I normally wouldn't have. It wasn't a great effort, but it wasn't bad, either.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 247; Avg Heart Rate: 120; Max Heart Rate: 146.


SUNDAY - SEPTEMBER 17, 2017 - P90X3 - X3 Ab Ripper

Once again I did OK, which seems the be the theme of the week. I came out of the Sphinx Crunches once for a few seconds, otherwise I did all the moves without coming out of any of them.

Time: 15 minutes; Calories Burned: 72; Avg Heart Rate: 101; Max Heart Rate: 125.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 199.6 (-4.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 22.4% (-0.7%)

I didn't do that great. I think last week's weigh in was an abberation and it's corrected itself. I'm up 0.8 lbs from 2 weeks ago.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I was a bit afraid I'd put on more weight on top of last week, so I was a bit relieved. Again, all the workouts went "OK". I don't think I improved on any of them, but I did get all the moves in witn no problems. While it would be nice to improve each week, I guess it's not realistic.

No comments: