Monday, September 4, 2017

WEEK OF 09/04/2017 - P90X3 - ROUND 6 - WEEK 8

MONDAY - SEPTEMBER 4, 2017 - P90X3 - Isometrix

Labor Day. I started late in the day on this one. I wasn't dreading it, but wasn't really motivated to do it. It went OK. I've done better in the past, and I've done worse. I came out of a few of the plank moves early. My balance on my right leg was pretty good. On the left, not so good, but I was trying. Overall, I was pleased with the effort.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 205; Avg Heart Rate: 117; Max Heart Rate: 144.


TUESDAY - SEPTEMBER 5, 2017 - P90X3 - Accelerator

This one has always been tough for me. Today I let it get the best of me. I started off OK, then didn't finish the Spin Stops, then didn't finish a few of the other moves. Not my best effort.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 246; Avg Heart Rate: 121; Max Heart Rate: 141.


WEDNESDAY - SEPTEMBER 6, 2017 - P90X3 - Dynamix

Probably the "easiest" X3 workout, but I still struggle with some of the moves because of my balance. On top of that, there's a few plank moves (groiners, pigeons, groiner pushups) that I just dread. I felt good today, though, and just got through them without hating them. Overall, it's the best I've done on this routine in a long time.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 133; Avg Heart Rate: 103; Max Heart Rate: 134.


THURSDAY - SEPTEMBER 7, 2017 - P90X3 - Pilates X

Not great. There are a lot of moves I "cheat" on, especially the side plank ones. I'm not flexible moving my legs up/down, front/back on those moves, so I keep falling out of the plank. On the others I did OK, but the motivation wasn't real high today. It's one of those days where that happens.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 102; Avg Heart Rate: 101; Max Heart Rate: 132.


FRIDAY - SEPTEMBER 8, 2017 - P90X3 - Decelerator

I was really looking forward to playing golf this morning and a much needed get-away from the stresses of the office, but we got rained out. I figured I'd use the vacation day for later in the year, so I went into the office, ate like crap, big time, most of the day, and was totally uninspired to do my workout when I got home. I guess the best way to describe it was that I went through the motions. I don't think I pushed myself on any of the moves, and didn't even finish the full 60 seconds on any of the pullup moves. I could beat myself up, but I'm not going to. I've been eating bad all week. That's the problem. It's making me feel sluggish physically, and mentally I'm feeling like why bother? I know I'm better than that, so I'll take a step back and recover.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 213; Avg Hear Rate: 114; Max Heart Rate: 146.


SATURDAY - SEPTEMBER 9, 2017 - P90X3 - X3 Yoga

I had a fantasy football draft this morning where I continued the bad eating, but that was almost a given. I took a nap when I got home, then got into the workout in the early evening. It wasn't a great yoga session, but it was better than I was expecting. Looking forward to NFL opening day tomorrow.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 130; Avg Heart Rate: 106; Max Heart Rate: 121.


SUNDAY - SEPTEMBER 10, 2017 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 203.8 (+5.0 lbs)
Body Fat: 23.1 % (+0.6%)

Depressing. I didn't eat well, but those are big increases. Almost too big. I'm hoping it's a temporary reading and will correct itself next week.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I'm nervous about the weight gain. If it's real, I've really got to correct things in a hurry.




No comments: