Monday, September 25, 2017

WEEK OF 09/25/2017 - P90X3 - ROUND 6 - WEEK 11

MONDAY - SEPTEMBER 25, 2017 - P90X3 - Complex Upper

The next two weeks are going to be the "Elite" weeks, primarily the two Complex workouts. Today it was 90 degrees outside. My air conditioner is still not repaired, so I was wondering if it was even smart to do the workout, but I got it done. I got in five full rounds of the moves, but on the fifth round I could hardly get in any pullups. Also, on the lunges, I didn't lunge. I just pushed the weight up. I was spent when I was done.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 261; Avg Heart Rate: 124; Max Heart Rate: 154.


TUESDAY - SEPTEMBER 26, 2017 - P90X3 - Complex Lower

I didn't go all out on the Triple Skaters, only doing doubles, and not going too far, but I did OK on the other moves. I used 25's on the Knee Drops and the D S Double L's. I used 10's on the Bounding thingys, but I didn't go forward and back, because I'm uncoordinated. I just jumped straight up on those. By the end of the workout I was gassed, The heat wave is supposed to end on Thursday, so I'm looking forward to that, and getting back to normal.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 278; Avg Heart Rate: 126; Max Heart Rate: 152.


WEDNESDAY - SEPTEMBER 27, 2017 - P90X3 - X3 Yoga

I got home a bit later than usual because I attended a retirement party for a co-worker. It was still hot and humid when I got home so I took a cold shower to cool myself down a bit. I started X3 Yoga about 39 minutes later and was drenched in sweat by the mid point. I'd started out relaxed for the first few minutes and I thought it was going to be a special workout, but then I started coming out of poses early because I was becoming uncomfortable. It was far from my best effort on this one. One things that's good though ... I haven;t had any pop/soda since Sunday. I'm realizing it's one of the causes of how I'm  feeling, so I'm trying to do without it.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 102; Avg Heart Rate: 101; Max Heart Rate: 115.


THURSDAY - SEPTEMBER 28, 2017 - P90X3 - Complex Upper

The weather broke, so it's a lot cooler with some crisp air in the house. The workout went well. I felt a lot better and just got it done. I went at a pacer that was a slight bit faster than the video, so I was able to get in a full five rounds with 2 minutes to spare. I felt a bit stronger on the pullups and chinips, but I'm still nowhere near the 10 they are doing. As I did on Monday, I didn't jump in the air on the lunges, but did instead did rapid Military Presses with 25 lb dumbbells. I felt good when I was done.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 273; Avg Heart Rate: 128; Max Heart Rate: 150.


FRIDAY - SEPTEMBER 29, 2017 - P90X3 - Complex Lower

Again, some nice cooler weather, which puts me in a better mood. I took the day off of work to play golf, but only got 9 holes in before it rained. When I got home I just took some time to relax a bit. Time I usually don't give myself. The workout was pretty much the same as Tuesday's. I'm usually OK on leg workouts, but I'm usually gasping for air on this one near the end of the third round of moves. But I didn't hit pause, and pushed through it. As with yesterday, I feel really good. I know these Complex workouts are working because I can feel the soreness in my muscles, but it's a good soreness.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 271; Avg Heart Rate: 122; Max Heart Rate: 158.


SATURDAY - SEPTEMBER 30, 2017 - P90X3 - Pilates X

I felt a little sluggish going into it. I thought I was in trouble early on because I couldn't coordinate myself on some of the rolling up moves. I couldn't get into boat, etc. Things got a little but better later on, and I even tried a few reps with my hip off the floor in the side plank moves. They weren't pretty, but I tried. My flexibility, especially in my hips is extremely bad, and it seems like it's progressively getting worse. I need to try and find some solutions.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 101; Avg Heart Rate: 99; Max Heart Rate: 134.


SUNDAY - OCTOBER 1, 2017 - P90X3 - X3 Ab Ripper

Got it done. Nothing special to report.

Time: 15 minutes; Calories Burned: 100; Avg Heart Rate: 117; Max Heart Rate: 139.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 201.2 lbs (no change)
Body Fate: 23.2% (+0.4%)

Going the wrong way.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

These workouts are tough, but at the end of them you feel like you accomplished something. Not happy about the nutritional aspect.

No comments: