Monday, September 18, 2017

WEEK OF 09/18/2017 - P90X3 - ROUND 6 - WEEK 10

MONDAY - SEPTEMBER 18, 2017 - P90X3 - Eccentric Upper

The workout went well, but it was really humid in the house, so I was sweating like crazy and it affected my mindset a bit. I took a few small breaks near the end, but I got everything in. I think I used the same weights as last time, and the pullup numbers were close to the same. Still, I felt good about it.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 249; Avg Heart Rate: 124; Max Heart Rate: 146.


TUESDAY - SEPTEMBER19, 2017 - P90X3 - Triometrics

I've made it quite clear on these posts that I don't like this workout. Today. I wanted to go in with a better attitude regarding it. I thought it can't be that hard or that bad. I'd just do my best. By the time I git to the third move, the Frog Squats, that theory went out the window, I don't like floor to ceiling moves. Midway through the move my thighs were burning so I dogged the last twenty seconds or so. That continued throughout the workout. I didn't kill myself on the Slater Squats and the Jacks, just because I didn't want to. Not a good thing.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 238; Avg Heart Rate: 117; Max Heart Rate: 136.


WEDNESDAY - SEPTEMBER 20, 2017 - P90X3 - Incinerator

Unlike yesterday's workout, I like this one. It can be tough, but I feel like I accomplished something when I'm done with it. I bought a pair of 50 lb dumbbells a few weeks ago, so I thought I'd try them out on the first move, the Renegade Rows. I'd always used 25's before. I got through all the reps, with a break after the 7th rep, but my form wasn't great. I was a bit more up on my toes, than in a true flat plank. Still, I tried. I also used the 50's on the Rocket Launcher Rows and the A-Presses. After I was done with the A-Presses, I put the weights to my side, but had them standing upright on their ends instead of lying flat on the floor. I don't know why I did that, but when I rolled over to get up, one of them toppled onto my arm, putting a nice cut on it. It could have been worse, and I finished the workout OK, but I think I'm going to be black and blue there for a while.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned:242; Avg Heart Rate: 120; Max Heart Rate: 152.


THURSDAY - SEPTEMBER 21, 2017 - P90X3 - X3 Yoga

I tried relaxing and breathing at the beginning, but I always find myself trying to be too perfect, holding my breath, and being too rigid in the poses. My balance was absolutely horrible in the balance poses section. But, my attitude was good. Eating is getting bad again. Not horrible, but definitely too much soda.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 94; Avg Heart Rate: 101; Max Heart Rate: 118.


FRIDAY - SEPTEMBER 22, 2017 - P90X3 - Eccentric Lower

I got through it OK. I'm glad this was one of the easier workouts for me, as my mood wasn't the greatest. Just a few strange days lately where I feel like I'm out of synch with everything, but I'll get a good night's rest and hopefully be refreshed tomorrow.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 214; Avg Heart Rate: 106; Max Heart Rate: 138.


SATURDAY - SEPTEMBER 23, 2017 - P90X3 - MMX

I'm still felling a bit off. Just a lot of minor nuisances going on at the same time. My comcentration level is bad and I can't seem to get out of my own way. A lot of that is because I'm pissed at myself because I'm eating like crap. The crap makes my body feel bad and the fact I'm doing it makes my mind feel bad. I'm just not feeling good about myself right now. The good thing is that I know I can change all of it. This workout is a Jekyll and Hyde thing with me. I like the punching, and kicking moves, but I hate the Sprawls. Including the Burnout Round, there's almost seven minutes of Sprawl moves. I can usually get through them OK, and I did so today, but it just seems a bit much. For that reason, I really wasn't looking forward to the workout. I actually thought about substituting the Sprawl moves with repeat punching and kicking moves, just to see how it would work, but I ultimately decided to push myself to do them. I didn't want to totally give in.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 270; Avg Heart Rate: 120; Max Heart Rate: 144.


SUNDAY - SEPTEMBER 24, 2017 - P90X3 - X3 Ab Ripper

Nothing special today. I got through all the moves.

Time: 15 minutes; Calories Burned: 84; Avg Heart Rate: 102; Max Heart Rate: 122


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 201.2 (+1.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 22.8% (+0.45)


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Bad mindset for most of the week. If I was eating better, I'd be feeling better abd dealing with things better. I guess I'm just feeling trapped a bit. I don't want to be eating like a monk.

No comments: