Monday, July 9, 2018

WEEK OF 07/09/2018 - P90X - ROUND 11 - WEEK 9

MONDAY - JULY 9, 2018 - P90X - Chest and Back

I have to admit I wasn't in the greatest of moods all day long. Knowing I had to do this workout when I got home wasn't helping things. I got into it shortly after I got home. As usual, I went faster than they did, finishing a full set before they did. I got in 310 pushups. Pullups weren't good. I felt rusty on them for some reason. Used 40's on Heavy Pants and Back Fly's. 50's on Lawnmowers.

Time: 52 minutes; Calories burned: 257; Avg Heart Rate: 100; Max Heart Rate: 144.


TUESDAY - JULY 10, 2018 - P90X - Plyometrics

I felt pretty good going in. Things went well. I don't think I stopped to catch my breath during any of the moves.

Time: 58 minutes; Calories burned: 431; Avg Heart Rate: 127; Max Heart Rate: 154.


WEDNESDAY - JULY 11, 2018 - P90X - Shoulders and Arms

Unlike yesterday, I felt a bit weak going into it. I looked at my worksheets from the last time I did this workout, in Week 3, and wondered how I was going to lift all that weight. I usually start with 40 lbs on the first move, the Shoulder Presses, do 8 reps, realize they're too heavy, and move down to 30's on the second set. Today I did the 8 reps with 40's on the first set, realized they were heavy, started to pick up the 30's on the second set, then said the hell with it and picked up the 40's again. I got 6 reps in, put them down, then picked them up again and did two more reps. All throughout the workout I was thinking of using less weight than last time, but I never did. I even did a few more reps than last time on a few moves, and increased the weight on a couple. That's one thing that's happening this round. I'm going to places I've never been before, and not really stepping back at all.

Time: 59 minutes; Calories Burned: 351; Avg Heart Rate: 123; Max Heart Rate: 152.


THURSDAY - JULY 12, 2018 - P90X - Yoga X

Not my best yoga workout. I was in a good mood, but my mind was wandering a bit, and I lost my balance a few times in some of the Warrior poses. I think that may have been due to trying too hard to do the poses perfectly. However, onward and upward.

Time: 92 minutes; Calories Burned: 185; Avg Heart Rate: 104; Max Heart Rate: 129.


FRIDAY - JULY 13, 2018 - P90X - Legs and Back

Average workout. I'm still having problems with the pullups. One thing that's happening is that after a few my hands are sliding off the bar and I'm basically trying to pull myself up with my fingertips, and that's not going to work. A few months ago I was doing OK with them by over-gripping the bar, but I seem to have forgotten how to do that. I'll work on it.

Time: 59 minutes; Calories Burned: 275; Avg Heart Rate: 117; Max Heart Rate: 164.


SATURDAY - JULY 14, 2018 - P90X - Kenpo X

My mind was wandering a bit, so I'm sure it wasn't 100% effort all the time, but I got through it.

Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 373; Avg Heart Rate: 119; Max Heart Rate: 161.


SUNDAY - JULY 15, 2018 - P90X - Ab Ripper X

Did OK.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 185.2 (-2.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 19.2% (-0.3%)

Both are great numbers. I didn't eat perfectly again, so there might be a bounce-back next week, but I'll try to eat better and avoid it.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I liked the weight loss. The workouts went OK. Some days were better than others, but I'm doing more than I had before here and there. I guess I'm pushing myself more without making a big deal out of it. I'm just doing it.

No comments: