Monday, July 16, 2018

WEEK OF 07/16/2018 - P90X - ROUND 11 - WEEK 10

MONDAY - JULY 16, 2018 - P90X - Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps

So... I bought some chocolate chocolate chip cookies on a whim yesterday when grocery shopping. I stuck them in the freezer so I wouldn't eat them so fast. I had one when I came home today. It was so good I had three more. About a third of the way through the workout I started getting the shakes a bit, and really had to concentrate and push myself through the rest of it. On a few moves I did less reps than last week. I try not to, but it happened. I also did a few more than last week on a few moves, so it wasn't a total loss. Moral of the story ... Stuff like this is going to happen from time to time, but minimize the times it does.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 295; Avg Heart Rate: 121; Max Heart Rate: 145.


TUESDAY - JULY 17, 2018 - P90X - Plyometrics

I was feeling sluggish going into it, and I really didn't feel like doing it. When that happens I sometimes try to get into it and get it over with, but had I some things to do first, so that didn't happen. However, once those things were done, I jumped in. Again, I was wondering how I was going to get through it mentally, but I just took it one move at a time and finished. My rep count was down slightly on a few moves, and up on a few others, but when I'm doing about 1000 reps overall, that's not a concern. The point is, I did get it done, as I always do.

Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned; 390; Avg Heart Rate: 123; Max Heart Rate: 146.


WEDNESDAY - JULY 18, 2018 - P90X - Back and Biceps

Feeling REALLY sluggish today. I'm drinking too much pop at work. I'm getting stressed there and am reaching for it. Plus, my body in general is sore and somewhat tired everyday from these workouts. It wasn't so much if I felt like doing the workout today, because I like this one, it was how I was going to do this workout today. I was moving really slow in the warmup. Once I got going it didn't get much better. As with yesterday, I just took them one at a time. There was several times when I thought of stopping early, but I've never done that before, unless I was really sick (maybe once in ten years). So I kept at it. On the Standard Bicep Curls I pulled out the 40's. I've done eight of them the last few times. Today I got in four, then stopped. I probably stopped short of what I did last time on a few of the moves. On the Strip Set at then end I started with 30's, which is the lightest I've started with this round, and I struggled to get the eight reps in. Must eat better.

Time: 51 minutes; Calories Burned: 287; Avg Heart Rate: 121; Max Heart Rate: 150.


THURSDAY - JULY 19, 2018 - P90X - Yoga X

Better than usual. I felt good going in. Certainly much better than the last dew days. The temperature in the room was good, so I was comfortable. I wasn't thinking too much. just letting things flow. I felt good when I was done.

Time: 92 minutes; Calories Burned: 164; Avg Heart Rate: 102; Max Heart Rate: 124.


FRIDAY - JULY 20, 2018 - P90X - Legs and Back

I played golf this morning. People were telling me they're noticing the weight loss and that I'm looking good. On my tee shots on the course I was concentrating on tightening my core when swinging through and I hit some monster shots. I just have to keep remembering to do that. The workout went better than usual. I got more pullups in than I had been. Again, I used 25 lb weights on the weighted moves, and my legs are starting to look a bit more muscular. They'll never be like tree trunks, but you can certainly see the muscle toning.

Time: 59 minutes; Calories Burned: 284; Avg Heart Rate: 116; Max Heart Rate: 150.


SATURDAY - JULY 21, 2018 - P90X - Kenpo X

My energy wasn't at it's best, but otherwise it went OK.

Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 381; Avg Heart Rate: 118; Max Heart Rate: 164.


SUNDAY - JULY 22, 2018 - P90X - Ab Ripper X

Overall it went all right, but I'm noticing the Oblique V-ups on my right side are much harder than those on my left. I have no idea why.

Time: 16 minutes; Calories Burned: 51; Avg Heart Rate: 103; Max Heart Rate: 134.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 186.2 (+1.0 lb)
Body Fat: 19.5% (+0.3%)

Didn't eat great during the week. Stress eating at work. Ate a bunch of chocolate chips last night. I keep them in the house to satisfy a sweet tooth once in a while, but I'm eating too many of them at once.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I had low energy going into a lot of the workouts this week. I'm also stress eating all over the place. I definitely need to cut down on the sugar.

No comments: