Tuesday, July 3, 2018

WEEK OF 07/02/2018 - P90X - ROUND 11 - WEEK 8

MONDAY - JULY 2, 2018 - P90X - Yoga X

My body is really sore, especially my legs. I don't know if I'm working them too hard. Sometimes a yoga routine will ease the soreness. Today it did a bit, but not too much. One other thing I noticed a few months ago is that I've developed a bunion on my left big toe. It seems like my arches have collapsed and I really have almost no balance when standing on that leg alone. I don't know if it happened over time, or all at one. If it was all at once, I don't remember feeling it. What also has happened is that my balance has improved dramatically on my right leg. Who knows. The workout went OK. I think it's silently helping me improve in other areas and workouts without big noticeable differences.

Time: 92 minutes; Calories Burned: 170; Avg Heart Rate: 105; Max Heart Rate: 127.


TUESDAY - JULY 3, 2018 - P90X - Core Synergistics 

Sometimes I actually look forward to this workout in hopes that this is the day I'll actually embrace it and start to like it. Today wasn't that day. I got through it, but just went through the motions on a few of the moves because they bored the hell out of me (Bow to Boat, Low Lateral Skaters). At times I feel guilty about hating this one so much, but I guess I'm human and am allowed to not like a workout without being a negative or bad person.

Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 273; Avg Heart Rate: 120; Max Heart Rate: 146.


WEDNESDAY - JULY 4, 2018 - P90X - Cardio X

I enjoyed this one today. A nice, light workout on a holiday.

Time: 43 minutes; Calories Burned: 223; Avg Heart Rate: 115; Max Heart Rate: 162.


THURSDAY - JULY 5, 2018 - P90X - X Stretch

I have the day off from work tomorrow to play golf, so I was looking forward to getting the long weekend going with X Stretch, a relaxing workout that won't beat the hell out of my body. However, the heat and especially the humidity is just permeating my house. My air conditioning was repaired a few months ago, and it's helping, but it's still a bit uncomfortable. On top of that, my body is sore as hell, so some of the stretches weren't as relaxing as they usually are. However, it's certainly better than having to do Chest and Back.

Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 100; Avg Heart Rate: 92; Max Heart Rate: 120.


FRIDAY - JULY 6, 2018 - P90X - Core Synergistics

I got hom from golf, relaxed a bit, took a shower, then got into this one without thinking about it too much. Otherwise, I'd be putting it off and dreading it for hours. The workout went a bit better than Tuesday, probably because I was just getting it done without over thinking it.

Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 294; Average Heart Rate: 120; Max Heart Rate: 153.


SATURDAY - JULY 7, 2018 - P90X - Yoga X

Not much to say. I wasn't dreading doing it, but I was putting it off a bit because I didn't want to face all those vinyasas. Once I got going though, it went quick.

Time: 92 minutes; Calories Burned: 167; Avg Heart Rate:99; Max Heart Rate: 120.


SUNDAY - JULY 8, 2018 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 187.4 (+0.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 19.5% (-0.1%)

I was expecting a lot worse this week. A lot of stress eating. A lot of sweets.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I'm starting to get off track a bit with the eating. I need to get back on my reasoning and concentration for this round. I don't want to be just going through the motions. It's definitely happening with the eating, and I'm noticing I'm not concentrating enough during some of the workouts. Sometimes I'm just trying to get through them instead of pushing myself to get more gains.

No comments: