Monday, February 11, 2019

WEEK OF 02/11/19 - P90X2 - ROUND 3 - WEEK 8

MONDAY - FEBRUARY 11, 2019 - P90X2 - X2 Chest + Shoulders + Triceps

For some reason I wasn't pushing myself to beat my numbers from two weeks ago. There were too many moves where I could have pushed myself to do more reps, but I didn't. It seemed my mindset was to equal my numbers from then, but not look past them. A bit of a disappointment in that regard. With that said, it was still a good workout. I was tiring myself throughout.

Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 477; Avg Heart Rate: 123; Intensity: 7; Form: 8.


TUESDAY - FEBRUARY 12, 2019 - P90X2 - Plyocide

I did OK. Nothing special. I fumbled a bit on the Toe Tap 360's. Other than that, it was the usual numbers from previous weeks. I pushed as hard as usual.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 507; Avg Heart Rate: 117; Intensity: 7; Form: 7.


WEDNESDAY - FEBRUARY 13, 2019 - P90X2 - Recovery + Mobility

I did OK on the stretches. During the Foam Rolling section I concentrated on my mid back where I felt like one of my vertebrae was a bit out of alignment. I also concentrated on my shoulders again, and they seem to be opening up ever so slightly.

Time: 57 minutes; Calories Burned: 277; Avg Heart Rate: 92; Intensity: 8; Form: 8.


THURSDAY - FEBRUARY 14, 2019 - P90X2 - V Sculpt

I was feeling really sluggish going into it. I got all the moves in but the sluggishness never really wore off. I've been eating less than great lately, so I'm pretty sure that's affecting things. Stress at work isn't helping either, as is a lack of sleep. I didn't do horrible. I still suck at pull-ups. I used 25's on most of the weight moves.

Time: 53 minutes; Calories Burned: 515; Avg Heart Rate: 121; Intensity: 7; Form: 6.


FRIDAY - FEBRUARY 15, 2019 - P90X2 - X2 Yoga

I came home and took another deep sleep 40 minute nap. Seems to be the pattern lately. I know I'm not getting enough sleep overnight. It took me a little while to get the sluggishness out before I started. The actual workout went OK except for the Half Moon section once again. I might be anticipating having a problem with it each time and giving myself an excuse to come out of it early. On the Wrap, I got as deep as I had in a while on the first one, but I couldn't hold it too long. I wasn't as good on the second side, but at least I'm learning how to do it, getting my shoulder underneath my leg. One other thing I'm noticing is that in Warrior 2, it's tough to open up my hips and keep my front foot pointing directly forward. It's turned in a bit. Things to work on.

Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 465; Avg Heart Rate: 104; Intensity: 7; Form: 7.


SATURDAY - FEBRUARY 16, 2019 - P90X2 - Base + Back

I was thinking about increasing my reps on the plyo moves from 20 to 25. I usually don't back down from stuff like that. However, on the first plyo moves, the Frog Hops, I reached 20 then my legs just quit. I'm wondering if it was really my body telling me I couldn't do any more, or if it was my mind telling me I didn't want to do any more. I decided to stick to the 20 because I didn't want to exhaust myself for the rest of the workout. In hind sight it may have been a bad decision, because I'll never get better if I don't increase the reps. The pull-ups were the same as usual. I do what I can. It's not a question of quitting on them early. It's a question of when I can't do any more.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 501; Avg Heart Rate: 117; Intensity: 7; Form: 7.


SUNDAY - FEBRUARY 17, 2019 - P90X2 - X2 Ab Ripper

All went well.

Time: 16 minutes; Calories Burned: 113; Avg Heart Rate: 103; Intensity: 7; Form: 8.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 175.2 (+0,4 lbs)
Body Fat: 17.2% (+0.2%)

Seems like I'm going back to 175.2 every other week. I was losing weight almost every week last year it was almost scaring me. The fact that I'm leveling off a bit is almost a relief. I'll concentrate on my nutrition a bit more.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I was sluggish for a lot of the workouts this week. Probably poor eating and not enough sleep. I do need to pay attention to both.


No comments: