Monday, February 25, 2019

WEEK OF 02/25/19 - P90X2 - ROUND 3 - WEEK 10

MONDAY - FEBRUARY 25, 2019 - P90X2 - Chest + Shoulders + Tri's

Poor effort. I was tired and winded going into it. I didn't have the energy or desire to push myself. The gas tank was empty so to speak. I did pretty close to what I did two weeks ago, but not much more, and in a few cases a little less. Still, I got it done.

Time: 48 minutes; Calories Burned: 510; Avg Heart Rate: 127; Intensity: 5; Form: 7.


TUESDAY - FEBRUARY 26, 2019 - P90X2 - Plyocide

Last time doing this workout for this round. I've done it on ten consecutive Tuesdays. I was feeling a bit more energized than usual at the start. I'm thinking I probably did a bit better than usual, but it's hard to tell with this workout. Anyways, I feel good about it.

Time: 55 minutes: Calories burned: 516; Avg Heart Rate: 118; Intensity: 8; Form: 7.


WEDNESDAY - FEBRUARY 27, 2019 - P90X2 - Recovery + Mobility

I really, really, really like having this workout mid-week each week. Aside from relaxing the body, it also relaxes the mind, which is so under rated. Today I concentrated on my back and shoulders during the foam rolling section. I still have trouble with the toe touches, but it's been like that forever. I'll keep working at it, but that might be just the way it is.

Time: 68 minutes: Calories Burned: 318; Avg Heart Rate: 96; Intensity: 8; Form: 7.


THURSDAY - FEBRUARY 28, 2019 - P90X2 - V Sculpt

A bit of a mixed message today. I did OK on what I did do, but I could have done much more. I used 25's on most of the moves, but early on they felt light. Instead of increasing to 30's or more I played it safe and stuck with the 25's. Near the end, on the overhead pullovers and started to pick up a 50 lb dumbbell. It felt a bit heavy, so I grabbed a 40 lb one instead. I could have done the 50. This was a perfect time to extend myself and I let it pass. I was OK on the pull-ups for me. I felt a bit stronger than usual and did what I could with those.

Time: 53 minutes: Calories Burned: 479; Avg Heart Rate: 118; Intensity: 6; Form: 7.


FRIDAY - MARCH 1, 2019 - P90X2 - X2 Yoga

My balance was bad from the start. By the time I got to the Half Moons I could barely get into the start of the move. Other than that sequence, things were average. The Single, Double, Triple Warrior One sequence is always tough with all the push-ups, but I always get through it. I love the floor moves for the last 20 minutes. They leave me relaxed when I'm done.

Time: 67 minutes; Calories Burned: 425; Avg Heart Rate: 101; Intensity: 7; Form:7.


SATURDAY - MARCH 2, 2019 - P90X2 - Base + Back

This was probably my best effort at this one this round. I started with 10 of the No Kip Pull-ups. I've only done 10 a few times this round. I actually felt like I could have done more, but my hands were slipping off the bar. I also dis a few more pull-ups than usual on a few of the other moves. On the down side, I stayed at 20 reps on the plyo moves. I was thinking of going to 25, but petered out on the first plyo move, the Frog Hops. Overall, it was a good workout.

Time: 55 minutes; Calories Burned: 465; Avg Heart Rate: 113; Intensity: 7; Form: 7.


SUNDAY - MARCH 3, 2019 - P90X2 - X2 Ab Ripper

No issues. It went well. I went a touch quick on some of the moves and didn't hold them as long as they did, but it wasn't by much.

Time: 16 minutes; Calories Burned: 100; Avg Heart Rate: 99; Intensity: 8; Form: 9.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 175.8 (-0.2 lbs)
Body Fat: 17.1% (+0.1%)

I seem to be stuck around 175 to 176.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

The theme for the week seemed to be me not pushing myself to do better than last time, but I still got in good workouts. I was encouraged with Saturday's pull-ups. I still could be eating better, but the stresses of life get the best of me.

No comments: