Monday, August 5, 2019

WEEK OF 08/05/19 - P90X3 - ROUND 7 - WEEK 1

MONDAY - AUGUST 5, 2019 - P90X3 -Total Synergistics

Back at it after three weeks off. I wasn't feeling too well today, so I almost took this week off too, but decided I should get back into it, so I put the DVD in. I'm starting at 170.2 lbs and 15.6% body fat, which is a little down from when I finished the One On One's three weeks ago. X3 is not my favorite workout series because there isn't a lot of resistance training. I've done P90X and P90X2 in between my rounds of the One On Ones, and to my surprise, I haven't done P90X3 in two years, so I figured it was time to give it a try again. Maybe I've learned something over the last two years that will help with this round.

Today's workout started out OK. I wasn't feeling rusty at all. I got in all 23 of the Crawly Crab Pushups and even did great on the Boat to Plow move. However, a little past half way through I started getting a bit tired. He moves fast in X3 and there were times when I didn't even have time to write down my reps. I used 40 lbs on the Plie' Relive's without any problems, but when I tried 40's again on the Squat Rockers I found it was a mistake. Probably because I was holding the weight higher and I was tired. I was bad as usual on the one-legged balance moves. Finishing with the Half Moon Warrior Three thingy's was just plain cruel. Overall, I think I did OK.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 339; Avg Heart Rate: 133.


TUESDAY - AUGUST 6, 2019 - P90X3 - Agility X

Not a fan of this one. I don't like any of the moves, and don't feel like I'm accomplishing anything. Any more where I have jump up and change direction in the air is almost impossible for me because I can't land properly and keep my balance, so I have to half ass it. Moves where he's constantly yelling to change direction every three seconds is just silly to me, so I half ass those too. I even gave up after 10 or 15 seconds on the one where you're moving left, right, cross, etc.I just didn't want to listen to him anymore, and what do push-ups have to do with agility? I'm a bit disappointed in myself, but that's how I've always felt about this workout.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 261; Avg Heart Rate: 118.


WEDNESDAY - AUGUST 7, 2019 - P90X3 - The Challenge

My target numbers were 5 pullups and 25 pushups. No problems with the pushuops. A bit with thr pullups, as I was kipping a bit late. About half way through I was doing 6 pullups and 30 pushups. I usually go faster than they so on this workout and finish with about 10 minutes to go, but today I kept pace with them. There was a lot of standing around for me between moves, but I was just patient, and it was OK.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 230; Avg Heart Rate: 108.


THURSDAY - AUGUST 8, 2019 - P90X3 - X3 Yoga

I hadn't done this one in two years, In the mean time, I'd done all of Tony's other yoga workouts. This was short and sweet and to the point. My balance was real bad, but otherwise I really appreciated it.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 173; Avg Heart Rate: 99.


FRIDAY - AUGUST 9, 2019 - P90X3 - CVX

This went OK, but not great. There were a few times when I felt like my legs had a mind of their own and just refusing to move. I know it happened for a few seconds on the second set of Press Jacks, and also on another move near the end. I may have been able to push a little harder, but not much harder. A lot of it is a loss of balance if I go too fast.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 241; Avg Heart Rate: 116.


SATURDAY - AUGUST 10, 2019 - P90X3 - The Warrior

From past experience, I knew I didn't like this one. However, I went into it with an open mind and just took it one move at a time. Some of these moves really wear you out, so it's tough to go 100% on all of them because you have more coming, and there is very little recovery time between the moves  Overall, I think I did OK. Not great, but OK.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 240; Avg Heart Rate: 116.


SUNDAY - AUGUST 11, 2019 - P90X3 - X3 Ab Ripper

I did OK. The only move I really struggled with was the Dolphin Hops. I never went to my knees, but I wan't bringing them in too far on the hops. I fell a few times on the Side Arm Balance thingys, but got through them.

Time: 15 minutes; Calories Burned: 102; Avg Heart Rate: 106.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 170.8 (+0.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 15.8% (+0.2%)

Still not eating great. Drinking way too much Diet Pepsi still.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I haven't done 30 minutes workouts since I finished my last round of X3 in late 2017. I've promarily done the One on Ones, P90X, and P90X2 since then. Most of them were close to an hour each day, and had a lot of resistance workouts in them X3 doesn't, so I'm wondering if I'm going to keep getting the results. I didn't like most of the workouts I did this week, but I'm going to work hard and trust the process.

No comments: