Monday, August 26, 2019

WEEK OF 08/26/19 - P90X3 - ROUND 7 - WEEK 4

MONDAY - AUGUST 26, 2019 - P90X3 - Isometrix

This one is tough for me because I can't balance on one leg. I did the best I could. Holding the various plank moves for 45 seconds is also tough, but again, I did the best I could. I think I hed most of them for the 45 seconds, but I know there were a couple I came out of early, mostly because my back feet were turning.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 221; Avg Heart Rate: 106.


TUESDAY - AUGUST 27, 2019 - P90X3 - Accelerator

This is a pure cardio routine, one of the most difficult Tony has in his arsenal. I remember the many times in the past where I went to my knees midway through many of the moves. For some reason today I never did that. There were times I was going a bit slower than they were because of balance or coordination issues, but for much of the workout I was right there. I'm sweating like crazy afterwards.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 309; Avg Heart Rate: 124.


WEDNESDAY - AUGUST 28, 2019 - P90X3 - Dynamix

My Birthday today. I turned 62. I don't feel like it. I feel like I'm 40. I'm crediting these workouts I've done over the last 11 years with a lot of that. Today was a mobility workout. I did OK. My awkward knees (twisting in) curbs a lot of that mobility, but I did what I could. It was a perfect workout for my Birthday. Relaxing, and not beating my body up.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 227; Avg Heart Rate: 106.


THURSDAY - AUGUST 29, 2019 - P90X3 - Pilates X

Not horrible, but not great. I didn't go up on the side plank moves near the end. My left ankle cramped up, so I did those moves from my hip. From what I remember that's how I did them anyways. My mobility on those is bad to begin with.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 180; Avg Heart Rate: 100.


FRIDAY - AUGUST 30, 2019 - P90X3 - Decelerator

I hadn't done X3 in two years ,but I remembered I didn't like this one. I thought my recall might have been exaggerated, so I went into it with a fresh mind and decided to take it one move at at time, I didn't like it again. Too many moves I really can't do properly for one reason or another. But I got through it.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 257; Avg Heart Rate: 108.


SATURDAY - AUGUST 31, 2019 - P90X3 - X3 Yoga

This was a very long day filled with a fantasy football draft and follow up. I squeezed this workout in around 8:30 pm. It wasn't bad. My balance still sucks, but it's always like that. My mood was OK for it, though.

Time: 30 minutes; Calories Burned: 200; Avg Heart Rate: 100.


SUNDAY - SEPTEMBER 1, 2019 - Rest


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 170.8 (no change)
Body Fat: 15.5% (no change)

Maybe the scale is stuck?


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I'm a bit ambivalent about "Recovery" weeks. On the one hand, I like relaxing a bit and not beating my body to a pulp. On the other hand, not doing that for a full week leaves me wanting a bit more. Not that these workouts are a cake walk. They're not, but even though the moves from one workout to the nest aren't identical, the premise is similar enough to get a bit bored. Accelerator is a change of pace here, but Decelerator doesn't really belong in a Recovery week. I just put it here because I created the schedule myself, to model the original P90X, and I didn't have anyplace else to put it. The original "X" had Core Synergistics twice during the Recovery Week, and it's somewhat tough, but the X3 Recovery Week is a different beast than the original P90X and Decelerator is just a shock.

No comments: