Monday, January 20, 2020

WEEK OF 01/20/2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ROUND 4 - WEEK 9

MONDAY - JANUARY 20, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Chest, Back, and Balls

This is the start of month three, and Volume Three, the tesr workouts for P90X2. I'm feeling a lot better today. I took some aspirin before I went to bed last night. The slight fever and the body soreness were pretty much gone when I woke up this morning. Today's workout was tough. I can be hard on myself if I'm not perfect, and I wasn't today, but when I look back at things, I'm doing things that most 62 year old men wouldn't attempt. When I was done, I felt great.

Time: 60 minutes; Calories Burned: 542; Avg Heart Rate: 115.


TUESDAY - JANUARY 21, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Plyocide: MC2

My legs aren't really sore, but more tired. It was tough jumping straight up, but I did what I could. I did decide to skip jumping off of a stool of the Depth Charges. Because I have weak ankles, I'm always worried I'm going to twist or break one coming down. Instead, I stayed on the floor, took a small bounce, then took an explosive one. It worked out fine. I was winded when done.

Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 579; Avg Heart Rate: 114.


WEDNESDAY - JANUARY 22, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Shoulders and Arms: MC2

I've been feeling pretty good bout what I've been doing with the workouts lately, so I kind of went after this one. I was smart abiut my weight choices. I went heavier than I had in the past in spots, and them I lightened up a bit when I thought my form might suffer. On the Arnold Presses, I thought I'd used 40's last time, but I thought that was too heavy to start things out, so I used 35's instead. I then looked at my numbers from last time and saw I'd only used 25's back then, so I immediately had an increase right off the bat. On the Seated Bicep Curls, I did the first two sets with 30's, then the last set with 35's, doing only two less reps. On the Crazy 8's, I did the first set with 20's. I was exhausted, so I backed off to 15's on the second set (still tough), then gutted it out on the third set by going back up to 20's. That doesn't sound like a lot of weight, but when your arms are fried 32 reps gets you tired real quick.

Time: 58 minutes; Calories Burned: 558; Avg eart Rate: 120.


THURSDAY - JANUARY 23, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Yoga: MC2

As I've said before, this is not my favorite yoga routine. In fact, I've had a strong dislike for it. However, I seem to be on a roll with the workouts lately, so I was actually looking forward to it. I went at it with an open mind and almost embraced it. I didn't fight the moves I couldn't do well. I either did the best I could with them, or simply took a break for a few seconds. I think I only got really frustrated once or twice. Overall, it was a good relaxing, but tiring, workout.

Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 520; Avg Heart Rate: 109.


FRIDAY - JANUARY 24, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Base and Back: MC2

I went the same pace as he did during the first round because I didn't remember all the plyo moves. I went a little faster during the second round. I did 20 reps on all the plyo moves. I could have probably done a few more here and there, but I know if I'd done that on all the moves, I'd have worn out quickly. I felt strong on the pull-ups, but my hands kept sliding off the bar so fast that my last few reps were done my using fingertips instead of my back muscles.

Time:51 minutes; Calories Burned: 402; Avg Heart Rate: 109.


SATURDAY - JANUARY 25, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Total Body X: MC2

I wasn't really feeling it going in, but I went at it pretty good. I did notice that the first half of this workout seems a bit tougher than the second half, so I didn't really pace myself too much. The Levers are coming easier for me. I ordered a new pull-up bar yesterday because the grips on this one are becoming too slippery and I don't know how to fix them.

Time: 42 minutes; Calories Burned: 396; Avg Heart Rate: 118.


SUNDAY - JANUARY 26, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ARX2

I did 20 reps on almost all the moves, 40 on the Scissor Clappers. No real problems expect on the Behind the Back, Through the Legs with the ball. I got 4 of those in.

Time: 45 minutes; Calories Burned: 294; Avg Heart Rate: 100.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 169.8 (+0.2 lbs)
Body Fat" 15.3% (no change)

Still eating too much junk, but I think it's starting to change. I'm not enjoying the junk as much.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

Tough workouts, but I stayed with them. Hopefully the decrease in junk food cravings stays.

No comments: