Monday, January 27, 2020

WEEK OF 01/27/2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ROUND 4 - WEEK 10

MONDAY - JANUARY 27, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - UBX

One of the toughest of the One On One's, if not the toughest. There are no real easy moves until you get to the last six. In other workouts there are tough moves, but you usually have time to breathe between moves. Here you don't. When I got home I started to not feel well. My body just felt totally exhausted and I wondered how I was going to get through this. I took a nap, then just started. I pushed myself. The two Forearm Tricep Kickback moves in plank were killers. I used 15's one those and did 12 reps each. I really wanted to quit on those, but didn't. I did 12 Chaturocker Push Ups on each set. Tony only did 10, so I felt good about that, but they were exhausting. On the Shoulder Presses I used 30's, 25's, 20's. Again, exhausting. The only breathers were at the end, with the Circle Flys, and the tricep moves with the resistance band. On the video, he was pushing ahead with the bands. That always makes me nervous because I always think the pullup bar is going to come apart and hit e in the back of the head, so I did Tricep Push Downs instead, and those worked great. This might have been my best workout of the round.

Time: 60 minutes; Calories Burned: 635; Avg Heart Rate: 125.


TUESDAY - JANUARY 28, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Core Synergistics: MC2

I don't like this one, plain and simple. I'm not a fan of core moves and I really struggle with one legged balance moves, so this one just puts me in a not so good frame of mind. It starts with a very long P90X2'ish warmup which doesn't help things. I can't really say I dogged it, because some of the moves I simply can't do. I can try and get better at them, but with my lack of balance I feel it's not going to happen. After the seventeen moves I don't like, he finishes up with a long cool down. 67 minutes is just too long for me knowing I'm not getting a lot out of it.

Time: 67 minutes: Calories Burned: 561; Avg Heart Rate: 111.


WEDNESDAY - JANUARY 29, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - V-Sculpt

I like this one because there are a lot of band moves, which is a bit of a change from the normal. I used 30's on both kinds of Concentration Curls and went 30-25-20 on the Down The Rack move. My Chin Ups weren't exceptional, but I like them more than Pull Ups.

Time: 56 minutes; Calories Burned: 501; Avg Heart Rate: 115.


THURSDAY - JANUARY 30, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Yoga: MC2

I knew early on that my balance was going to poor. I basically tolerated the workout. I only got really frustrated once, when I fell out of a Warrior 3 move, which I can't normally hold anyways.

Time: 66 minutes; Calories Burned: 524; Avg Heart Rate: 109.


FRIDAY - JANUARY 31, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - P.A.P.

I'd been using some workout sheets I found online, but with this round I've been making my own. The ones I'd been using had all the warm up moves included, so I decided to do the same. It kind of familiarized myself with all the moves, so it made them a bit easier to follow. Knowing I had to write a rep number down made me work a bit harder during the warm up. It was long. The actual workout went OK. The only real issue I has was on the Front to Back Lunges, because I had a hard time keeping my balance. I liked the 4 Ball Chaturanga move. I held it for the entire 30 seconds three of the four times. I felt good when I was done with the workout.

Time: 69 minutes; Calories Burned: 612' Avg Heart Rate: 115.


SATURDAY - FEBRUARY 1, 2020 = TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - Stretch and Recovery

I wasn't very flexible today. The leg stretches were especially tough, and I come out of some of them early. I've must better with this one in the past.

Time: 69 minutes; Calories Burned: 403; Avg Heart Rate: 96.


SUNDAY - FEBRUARY 2, 2020 - TONY HORTON ONE ON ONE - ARX2

Not too many problems. On the Behind the Back move I used a small ball and somehow did 20 reps, but really uncoordinated.

Time: 45 minutes; Calories Burned: 304; Avg Heart Rate: 102.


SUNDAY WEIGH IN

Weight: 170.0 (+0,2 lbs)
Body Fat: 15.5% (+0.2%)

Small increases, but I ate a lot of chocolate yesterday.


THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK

I generally worked hard. There were a few routines (Core Synergistics, Yoga, warm up of PAP) that is wasn't thrilled about, but I did them anyways. I'm really disappointed in myself for the nutrition. I only put on a fractin of a pound and a little body fat, but on Friday I bought a tub of chocolate covered almonds and ate a ton of them in a day and a half. Not a good thing to be doing. I also started using some Muscle Milk as a post workout supplement to add a bit of muscle. I don't know if that will add weight, but it shouldn't add body fat.

No comments: